Chapter Sixty-Seven

*Troye's POV*

No, this isn't another smut warning. There's some stuff in here that's like flashbacks of parents breaking up and basically I don't want anyone who's extremely sensitive to stuff like that to read it. I'll explain in the ending author's note what it was and basically avoid the italicized text and you'll be fine.

"I'm nervous." I muttered, watching Tyler scan his eyes over today's lunch options. There wasn't actually that much to choose from, but as always he was ecstatic. We'd been standing in the same spot for two minutes now, but not because of how slow the long had been moving, but because that's how long it was taking him to choose. He was letting people butt him in line just to spend more time choosing between gross, grosser, or grossest. None of it looked even remotely good today, but he didn't seem to share my outlook.

"Why?" He asked finally, apparently getting a spare second away from his food ogling to reply to me. I glanced back over toward the back corner, swallowing nervously as I watched our friends interact. From afar, it looked no different than any time ever before. That didn't give me any comfort though.

"The last time I saw any of them was at the party after we, well, you know." I muttered, cheeks heating up at the memory. I was beginning to get a bit more confident talking about things like that now, but having people standing directly beside us made me really consider my words before speaking. The last thing I want is to be overheard and unintentionally cause a huge scene. People may not be outwardly homophobic around the school now, but that doesn't mean they aren't at all. It was better to be safe than sorry.

"I don't know if you're thinking about what I'm thinking about, maybe you should elaborate- Ow!" Tyler whined, holding the back of his head where I'd instinctively hit him when he started to tease me. It was his own fault for always being so sarcastic and annoying.

"Don't be such a dick." I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest and glaring at him. He smirked then, never once taking his eyes off the glass pane covering the food as he replied with an extremely cheeky tone.

"You are what you eat." Despite how bluntly he'd said it with that familiar mischievous grin, it still took me a second to really understand what he was getting at. The moment I did though, I could feel my cheeks heat up, the warmth spreading to the tips of my ears.

"I fucking hate you." I grumbled, following suit as he sidestepped to stand in front of the ordering counter. Before he spoke up though, he turned to face me again, keeping his voice in a hushed whisper as he replied.

"That's not what you said when I was sucking your dick." I gasped, immediately snapping my mouth shut and trying to hide my reaction to his blunt words. I should be used to it by now, especially after actually being in sexual situations like that with him, but I wasn't sure I'd ever get over his teasing.

However, I was beginning to have the same effect on him. There'd always been the rare occasion that I made Tyler speechless, but it seemed to be occurring more and more as of late. Though, to be fair, most times it happened was when we were in the middle of those sexual situations. While he got shy and embarrassed, I lost myself to the moment and shed every single inhibition, saying things I'd never dream of in any other situation. I couldn't bring myself to regret or be embarrassed by them though, remembering the reactions they pulled out of Tyler more than the words themselves. No, I definitely liked the feeling of being in control for a change, so I couldn't really blame Tyler for his neverending obsession with pulling reactions out of me.

Our relationship was growing in the physical aspect as well, both of us already learning what the other liked and becoming confident in our actions. It'd been a little over a week since new years and I was already beginning to have trouble counting the amount of blowjobs and handjobs we'd given each other. Tyler was always the one to initiate it, our role reversal usually starting after the clothes came off. He got bashful, I got brave, and it worked surprisingly well.