SINFUL - 77

Cynthia was sat comfortably, straddling Kobe on the sofa in her living room. Her head was resting on the crook of his shoulders, as he had his open palm beneath her t-shirt soothingly rubbing her bare back. The motion was so comforting that Cynthia couldn't help but close her eyes. "Babe." Kobe nibbled the edge of her ear to get her attention; Cynthia peeled her eyes open slowly in annoyance. Although the feeling of his moist lips on her skin automatically caused her to become aroused, it was like a reflex action. She momentarily peered at the screen of Kobe's phone and realised he had been taking pictures of her. Cynthia smiled sluggishly, fixing her eyes on his screen, trying to shake off her drowsiness as her arms slid up and around his neck. Kobe planted a plethora of punchy kisses on her cheek, lifting up his phone again and he captured some more images of the both of them. Eventually, Cynthia grabbed Kobe's phone from him and took control of taking pictures of them. They pulled silly faces then focused on each other instead of the camera. Kobe kissed Cynthia slowly, becoming more passionate before kissing her nastily then sucking on her tongue. All the while Cynthia was clicking repeatedly, recording their actions in still images. When Cynthia glanced back at the phone, Lola's name popped up on the screen of his phone signifying that she was calling.

"It's Lola." Cynthia handed Kobe his phone, it was then that she stood up to go to the kitchen and check how the lasagne she was cooking was doing.

"Yo." Kobe's voice boomed into the phone. These days, when he got a phone call from anyone close to Raheem, fear gripped him. He instinctively held his breath in the seconds it took for Lola to acknowledge his greeting. 

"Hi Kobe, where are you?" He could tell by the way she spoke that Lola was lying down; Kobe could also hear Jhené Aiko playing in the background.

"I'm at Cynthia's bit, what you saying?" He welcomed a conversation that he really wasn't in the mood for. 

"Oh perfect, see you in a minute." The tone of Lola's voice immediately perked up and he sensed that she was smiling. 

"Alright cool." Kobe didn't want to see her but he knew there was no point of expressing this because Lola would not care. 

"Bye!"

Kobe groaned and sat back in his seat. "Are you ok?" Cynthia came back in the living room, handing over a large carton of chilled Multivitamin juice to her boyfriend. 

"Yeah yeah, food ready? And thank you." His eyes grazed hers fleetingly when he took the carton from her, opening it eagerly and taking three long gulps. 

"Almost." Cynthia caught on to the slight shift in his energy, now he seemed fed up. Kobe grabbed the remote, rewinding the episode of Money Heist as he had been distracted and missed most of it. "Where are we even up to?" Lately, she was reluctant to constantly question him, she didn't want Kobe feel like she was interrogating him. 

"I'm just gonna pull back to the beginning, fuck it." Kobe shrugged, sucking on his bottom lip as he leaned forward focusing on the TV. Not long after, the doorbell rang loudly. "It's Lola." Kobe murmured, rising to his feet and exiting the living room.

"Did she say she was coming?" Cynthia enquired.

"Basically." She heard Kobe reply from a distance. 

Instead of hearing their voices in the hallway, Cynthia heard the front door shut which was then followed by silence. She realised that Lola probably wanted to talk to him alone to see if he would open up to her. Cynthia picked up Kobe's phone to review all the cute pictures that they had taken with the intention to send her favourites to herself, and to delete the ones she was not too fond of.

Once she had sent the pictures to her own phone, Cynthia aimlessly scrolled through Kobe's phone. She could see he had a number of unopened messages on various applications. Before she knew it, Cynthia was in his iMessages app searching for Raheem's name. Shockingly, Raheem was not on the list of contacts that Kobe had recently messaged which was weird. There were a number of times where Cynthia herself had witnessed Kobe messaging Raheem via iMessage. She was certain something wasn't right as there were no previous messages on iMessage. Cynthia could only assume the messages had all been deleted as there was no other explanation as to why there was not one message from or to Raheem on his list of messages – it made no sense. Kobe barely used WhatsApp so she wasn't surprised to see that the last time Raheem and Kobe had spoken via the app was Christmas the previous year. This was too odd.