SINFUL - 61

Although Cynthia hadn't slept well, she was up considerably early the next morning. She had been extremely tired when Raheem had finally left but her mind was too restless for her to enjoy a peaceful night's sleep. She knew her dad was leaving the house around 7.30 so she made sure after she had showered, she was down in the kitchen to make him breakfast before he left for work. Cynthia smiled at the fact that she had woken up to a message from Kobe, they'd been texting for most of the morning and he planned to pick up her from her dad's house and drive them both to college. From what she had gathered so far, the dinner at his house hadn't gone as Kobe had hoped and he had some suspicions that he was yet to provide her details about.

Cynthia exhaled and prayed as she fried her dad some eggs, she needed today to be a good day. She was tired of feeling overwhelmed, and like there was always some sort of drama going on. She hated feeling like it was just one thing after the other. She didn't want to be dragged into Raheem and Andrea's drama, she didn't want to have to sneak around with Raheem behind Kobe's back. She wanted to focus on her school work, her family, friends and Kobe. She just wanted the uneasy feeling to vanish, but it was still there and it was seriously beginning to bug her.

"Aww Cynthia, you're a darling." Her dad walked into the kitchen with a big smile on his face as he adjusted his tie. "This is why I wish you lived with me." He joked.

"Oh, so I can be your house girl?"

"Exactly." He chuckled slowly the way he usually did, hugging her with one arm before shrugging on his blazer. "I'm only joking joh, I just miss being around you a lot and seeing you often." Cynthia enjoyed their brief embrace, he smelt like shower gel and his signature aftershave. She felt like she didn't get enough hugs from him but she knew it was partly down to her. She needed to make much more of an effort to spend more time with her dad.

"So do I." Cynthia poured the large mug of coffee she had just made into a flask, realising that her dad wouldn't finish eating his breakfast at home.

"As for your sister," Her dad began, with a disapproving look already etched all over his face. "She doesn't miss me at all, but as soon as she wants money ahh that's when she knows me. Oh daddy,  please I need some cash." Cynthia sniggered at her dad's imitation of Andrea. "Oni eranu." He mumbled in Yoruba.

"Dad, she's just busy." She placed his egg and ham toasty on some kitchen paper and handed it to him.

"No, she's just foolish. Thank you Cynti jare."

"Dad, seriously?"

"What the matter?" He asked, pretending to be oblivious.

"You know I don't like you calling me that anymore."

"Ah ah, why not?"

"I'm older now, it's not cute."

"So...you're not cute?"

"I didn't say that, I'm still cute." She smiled cheekily.

"Eh heh, so what's the problem?" Her dad asked, biting into his breakfast while holding his palm out to emphasise his question. Cynthia just laughed as she didn't have a comeback. Her dad was so funny, and he reminded her of her mum because they were constantly making her laugh. It made her miss the times when they were actually a family, there were too many great memories. But no matter what, Cynthia knew she would remain a daddy's girl. "Cynti, I need to leave now." Her dad spoke, peering at the watch on his wrist. "Are you going back today?"

"Yeah dad, unfortunately."

"Alright, I'll send some money to your account when I get paid."

"Thank you daddy."

"Let me be going." He gave her another quick hug before picking up his flask and briefcase and leaving the house. Cynthia made herself some breakfast and sat down to watch the news while she ate. When she had finished, she returned to the kitchen to clean up so her dad wouldn't have to do it when he got back from work. Cynthia was about to leave the kitchen when she spotted Kobe walking up the path towards the front door. She managed to open the door just as he was about to press the bell.

"What, did you seeing me coming yeah?" Kobe's lips stretched into a slanted smile just before he gulped down some of the juice from the large carton he was holding. "Morning Miss."

"Yeah, I was literally just in the kitchen." Cynthia immediately felt her body react to his presence. "Morning, are you hungry?" She registered how Kobe openly eyed her as she moved out of the way so that he could step into the house.

"Nah, I'm good babe. Mum made me a proper breakfast today."

"Alright then." Cynthia said with her back to him as she started making her way up the stairs so she could finish getting ready for college.

"Oi wait, what?" Kobe held his hands out as he stood at the bottom of the stairs.

"What happened?" She pivoted back around towards him and began to cackle at the look of complete bafflement on his face.

"C, why you playing games with me so early in the morning?" Kobe sighed, flopping his hands down at his sides. "Come here man." He demanded.

"What did I do?" She giggled, trailing back down. Before she reached where Kobe was standing, he pulled her roughly by her arm so that her body crashed directly into his.

"Is that how you greet your man nuh?" His brown eyes hung low as he glanced down at Cynthia, she felt a plunge in her stomach as Kobe wrapped his arms around her waist. "Nah you need to pattern up, what was all that?" His warm breath tickled her skin as he gazed at her, the pangs of infatuation growing stronger with every second that passed. "I ain't just your bredrin no more, you na." Cynthia managed to stare back into his eyes and tried her hardest not to smile. Kobe leaned down so that his lips traced over hers ever so lightly.

"So, you're teasing me now." Cynthia whispered, running her fingers softly along the edge of one of his ears.

"Nah, I'm just taking in the moment babe." Kobe replied honestly. At that point, Cynthia could no longer hold back her smile. Kobe finally kissed her and her heart swelled.