SINFUL - 36

"Raheem have you lost your mind?" Kobe flicked the headlights off obediently but now, he could feel himself becoming angry.

"Nope, have you?" His eyes rested unblinkingly at Kobe. "I think you've forgotten who I am."

"I could never forget..." Kobe knew the only way he would be able to reason with Raheem was to pull at his heart strings. He was such a sensitive soul. "You're my family."

"Oh, so we're family?" Raheem's question reeked with sarcasm. "And yet...I feel as though I can no longer trust you Kobe. You are a snake." The vein in his neck pulsated on beat, emphasising what he'd just said.

"You don't understand."

"No, I do." He clasped his hands together and appeared to be in deep contemplation. "You know something..." His eyes narrowed and darted towards Kobe accusingly.

"Do you think I'd ever willingly betray you? You're my brother."

"That's what I thought but I don't know much about anything anymore..."

"Raheem, let me park the car...then...then we can talk about this."

"I don't want to talk about anything, just tell me what I need to know."

All Kobe did in response was sigh heavily, massaging his now throbbing forehead and leaning onto the headrest.

"Kobe, what are you hiding from me?" Raheem's previously furious demeanour had now been replaced with a tortured expression. As much as Kobe didn't want to get on the wrong side of Raheem, he thought about Prince and acknowledged the fact that he actually had no choice but to remain silent. He knew if he was to incriminate his brother he would be done for. Raheem sat and thought about all the paranoid thoughts that had led him to this moment. He peered over at Kobe's reddened face, observing his ever-present nervousness with a slight undertone of irritation.

Now Raheem was confused, he knew Kobe would never betray him, so why now?

There was only one thing that ever got in-between their bond.

Kobe could see his mother's parka from a distance as she sat on the bench and pushed Reagan's pram back and forth soothingly. The rest of the park was occupied with some kids from his secondary school and younger children running along the jungle gym and pushing one another on the swings. He decided to make an abrupt U-turn and take the longer route back to the block where their flat was situated. Seeing his mother had him suddenly feeling some type of way, due to knowing what he was carrying in his school bag. He had never wanted to  involve himself, though Prince took care of their family by this way of life, Kobe knew it was wrong. He felt his face heat up as he thought about how much Prince always guilt tripped and pressured him. But Raheem was right, he was better than this. Kobe often felt like Prince was the devil on his left shoulder, and Raheem was the angel on his right. They were constantly swaying him from side to side as he looked up to the both of them. Whenever Kobe was too fearful to stand up to Prince, Raheem was his backbone but he knew there were some things he had to do on his own. Because above all things, Kobe desperately craved his brother's respect.

As he climbed up the stairs to their front door, he rehearsed how he would tell his brother what he wanted to say. Kobe shuddered at the thought of what Prince's reaction would be to his obvious defiance.

"So you've kept this from me ALL THIS TIME?!?" As soon as he opened the front door he heard Prince's booming voice, forcing him to re-evaluate his plans. "Morgan, are you crazy? Nah, I'm gonna kill him, I'm gonna f*cki- Who's that?" Prince stood at the top of the stairs when he heard the front door slam. "Oh it's you, you got that for me?"