SINFUL - 64

Kobe: Your suitcase is still in my whip uno lol

Cynthia glanced at her phone when she saw Kobe's name pop up, she immediately felt more awake as her eyes scanned his message from her locked screen. There was no doubt that she was upset with him but her heart and mind were in complete disparity with one another. Despite her frustrated thoughts towards him, Cynthia felt the light flutter of butterflies in her stomach and a small smile leapt onto her face.

Although she had been up late trying to master how to do her eyebrows from countless Youtube videos, Cynthia had forced herself up in order to make the most of her day off. Their sixth form was having a teachers' development day that Friday which meant that all the students didn't have to come in. Two days had passed since their encounter in the library and since then Cynthia hadn't spoken to and seen much of Kobe. And since then she hadn't bothered to try and speak to him again, it was clear he wanted space but all that did was worry Cynthia further. Was this how he would be anytime he was going through hardship? She wanted to be there for him but he wouldn't allow her to, Cynthia didn't know much about relationships but she knew she couldn't be in one with this kind of detachment. Even putting their relationship aside, they were friends so bearing in mind how Kobe usually was, Cynthia completely hated seeing him like this.

He had said that she didn't understand yet he wasn't allowing her to, pushing her away was only causing a strain between them. But what else could she have done? Cynthia had put her pride to the side and tried to talk to him, she refused to make herself that vulnerable again, only to get rejected again. So she had decided that she would wait for him to speak to her, and reading his message indicated that Kobe was ready to talk. Cynthia hoped that that was his intention because she didn't know how much more of this she could take. Instead of replying straight away, Cynthia yawned and stretched before leaving her room to have a shower. Her plans for the day were to simply finish her English assignment and hopefully have time to see Kobe later in the day. Her and Noelle had had the same idea, knowing that if they could complete their assignment that day, they would have the whole weekend to relax. Cynthia was working both Saturday and Sunday, also meeting up with Layla and planned on finding the time to pick up her outfit for Lola's party from her tailor.

After she had brushed her teeth and gurgled her mouthwash, Cynthia climbed into the bath and was in deep contemplation. As she showered, she found herself plagued with the same thoughts that had been resting on her mind for several days. Cynthia couldn't understand why Kobe couldn't simply talk Prince out of doing something stupid. They were close and he definitely meant a lot to Prince, so Kobe needed to remind him of all the people he would be letting down. Neither could she understand how Prince could take Morgan back and continue a relationship with her but remain hostile and unforgiving towards Raheem. She was curious to know whether what had transpired between Raheem and Morgan had been purely physical. She assumed it had been but didn't want to make assumptions. What was it about Raheem that had encaptured Morgan to the point where she cheated on the father of her child?

Prince was just as handsome, just as captivating, just as dangerous.

Cynthia wondered what Kobe would do now that he knew the truth and was evidently certain of it. How did he really feel about it? Would he tell Prince that he was aware? Would he confront Raheem? Would things between him and Raheem change? As much as she knew Kobe wanted to be neutral and uninvolved, he was very much involved. The thought alone made Cynthia uneasy. Did her association with Kobe mean she was involved too? She was hesitant to know any more than she already knew, but she felt like she still needed to gain further insight. Though Kobe had been transparent about bits and pieces of the past, he had never really gone into too much depth. Cynthia also pondered upon how Kobe had been surrounded by all this and had managed not to get sucked into it all. Now that she was weary of Raheem, she wanted to Kobe to be too. All of this proved that he couldn't be trusted. Cynthia really felt like she should have told Andrea all of this but she couldn't betray Kobe and besides, Andrea was too stubborn to listen to her.