SINFUL - 48

Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be alight. Singing don't worry about a thing cause every little thing gonna be alright

As Cynthia climbed up the stairwell towards Kobe's front door, she could hear Bob Marley blaring from a nearby flat. She got the most nostalgic feeling as she would usually hear reggae when she went to visit Kobe back when his mother was around. But it couldn't be his flat because his mother was still in Jamaica and all him and Prince ever played was either drill, trap or Afrobeats. She began to think about Kobe's mother and how much she knew that he missed her, Kobe was undeniably a mummy's boy and he didn't try to hide this fact either. When Cynthia finally reached the balcony and got closer to Kobe's front door she was surprised to see it had been left open and the music was indeed coming from inside.

"Kobe?!" She called out, walking cautiously into the hallway as she noticed the house was almost bare, with large boxes stacked on top of each other to the left and right of her. "Kobes?"

"Rise up this morning, smiled with the rising sun, three little birds, pitch by my doorstep, singing sweet songs, of melodies pure and true. Saying, this is my message to you ooh ohh!" She could hear a loud voice singing over the music in the kitchen and she knew it was Kobe's mother. Cynthia excitedly ran into the kitchen to see her placing all the pots and pans into a cardboard box as she sang along.

"Aunty Lucia! You're back!" Her usual toffee complexion had become heavily tanned after months of being exposed to the Jamaican weather. She was visibly glowing, her current deeper shade made her glistening hazel eyes appear even more stunning. Her natural thick dark hair was pulled up to the top of her head in a large bun with reams of baby hair framing her round face.

"Cynthia! Yes I am, lovely to see you!" She immediately stopped what she was doing and approached Cynthia, before embracing her and swaying side to side slightly as she did so.

"Aunty Lucia, you look so good!" If Cynthia didn't know her personally, she wouldn't have believed that she had two grown sons. "I can't believe you're back."

"You looking good baby! I tink we both put on likkle bit ah weight!" She giggled, patting her pudgy stomach then leaning over to turn the music right down. "Mi like yuh hair, it fit yuh nice." She added, realising she hadn't seen her since last year. Lucia was relatively well spoken as she had lived in the UK for the majority of her life, however she enjoyed switching from her British accent to her heavy Jamaican one for the sheer fun of it. Lucia had always been someone who was constantly happy, Cynthia loved her energy. Her aura was very warm, caring and motherly and although Prince had been the rebellious one, she had raised her sons well. She was so beautiful, inside and out.

"When did you get back?"

"Tuesday darling." It all made sense now as to why she hadn't seen Kobe since the beginning of the week, Cynthia smiled to herself although she was still annoyed at him for multiple reasons. "You know my great aunt died last year and I was only meant to stay for a month for the funeral and things but there was so much going on back there, one month turned into 6."

"Oh yeah, I remember...once again I'm so sorry for your loss. Kobe mentioned how close you were to her."

"Thank you my love, we were we were but it was her time. I know better than to question God's plans you know, I am at peace with the whole situation now." She smiled whilst she sighed heavily as her eyes wandered a little. "But as I was saying, I knew Kobe was missing me badly, every time we spoke he was asking me when I was coming back. So I purposely didn't even tell him I was coming back, I just surprised him. You should have seen his face! I thought the boy was going to cry." Lucia began chuckling hard, slapping her thigh as she remembered Kobe's reaction.