SINFUL - 4

Andrea was never keen on spending Saturday mornings with dad like I was. I think that was due to the fact that I was daddy's girl and she was our mum's favourite, and I was okay with that. I would've loved to live with my dad but that would've meant being separated from Andrea. I couldn't live like that. Sometimes I did feel left out by the close relationship Andrea and my mum had but it was a logical thing because Andrea was more girly, independent and submissive to my mother whereas my mum had this impression that I was easily influenced and yet I was like the rebel of the family.

My dad was a football coach on Saturdays, for a group of young teen boys. I usually helped with equipment and stuff, which was just my excuse to spend time with him. For a father and daughter, we had quite a good relationship.  Meanwhile Andrea would spend her time snoozing until the mid- afternoon. On a day like today I had work at 4, so I would go home, take a shower, get dressed into my uniform and go to work. I was relieved today that Matty wasn't at work. Matty and I didn't have the same shift this weekend as he had a stupid habit of slapping my braids on my head, causing my bun to collapse. A style that took me ages to master every morning even though today I'd opted for the half up half down hairstyle. After work, as soon as I opened my front door I heard giggling. I knew that Andrea had people over. I peeked through the crack of the door and rolled my eyes when I saw Anna and Marlene. Minions.

"I'm tryna keep it a friends with benefits thing cus really, I kinda like Kobe." When I heard Anna say that, I had to stifle my laughter. She was so pathetic.

"You're gonna end up liking him anyway. That's what always happens." My lip curled at the sound of Marlene's voice. I couldn't stand this girl. I'd known her since primary school and a long time ago I established she was a bitch. I didn't like her. She was another person I couldn't understand why Andrea was friends with. She thought she was sly. For as long as I'd known her she treated me as if I was invisible. But as soon as she realised I was close with Micah, she acknowledged my presence.

"What are you doing?" I jumped at the sound of my mum's voice. She gave me a mischievous smile as she sipped on the mug in her hand.

"Hi mum!" I kissed her on the cheek before galloping upstairs. I knew I should get some work done, but I planned to spend the rest of my day sleeping. I ended up sitting in bed in my Waitrose uniform, watching YouTube videos on LinkUpTV and SBTV channels. I was awfully ashamed of my obsession with trap music. Like I always did when I was alone, I overthought. About my life, my friends, family. About how I wasn't particularly good at anything; I just studied and enjoyed reading. I often imagined myself at another place, another time. Being another person. My thoughts carried me away, to another place, another world. At least for a small amount of time.Somewhere inbetween this time I had dinner in my room alone, then fell asleep.

Sunday evening was surprisingly nice because to be honest I didn't really like spending time with my mum. We were all sat in the front room with a ridiculous amount of snacks watching Set It Off. Andrea and I always cried when watching this movie. As usual, as soon as my mum went to bed, Andrea facetimed Raheem. It was really cringey how he was licking his lips at her exposed breasts in her tight tank top. My mind wandered to two weeks ago, when Andrea said she was never having sex again. I wonder how long that would last for.  I was assuming the conversation was gonna get more intense because she up and left, then scrambled into her bedroom.

Just as I was about to drift off to sleep my phone started ringing, Micah was calling me.

"Na Cynthia. I actually can't do this anymore. She's so annoying."  When he uses my full name I know he's being serious, and that made me laugh even harder.

"What happened now?"

"I'm just chilling with the mandem, having some calm day. She keeps texting off my phone likeee."