SINFUL - 7

Everyone stood still, regarding each other for some seconds, which I found highly amusing. Part of me was hoping what had occurred inside was the first and last of tonight’s drama. The other part thought that the likeliness of that was minimal.

“Sorry about that.” He uttered sheepishly.

“A bottle Micah? That’s grievous bodily harm. What if he’s dangerous we don’t even know this guy?” Noelle’s eyes widened in alarm.

“Honestly what were you thinking?”

“I wasn’t.” He shrugged his large brown eyes boring into hers.

“Micah, I-” She paused, exhaling. “I don’t get it; we’ve known each other for so long but we hardly talk to one another.” We could all see how frustrated Noelle was. “We are both so close to Cynthia, probably her closest friends and yet we aren’t close to each other, that doesn’t even make sense. Since secondary, you just changed towards me and left me confused because when we were younger we used to be cool, what’s wrong; let me know what the problem is? Like, can you really not stand me?”

Micah scratched his head and mumbled something.

“What?”

“It’s not that...I think you’re cool.” This boy was so annoying. I couldn’t wait for him to spit it out because even I was becoming frustrated.

“So?” Noelle held her hands out as she awaited his response.

“I...” I cleared his throat and seemed to stand up straighter. “ F*ck it, I’ve liked you for ages.”

“Huh...” Noelle’s utterance was barely a whisper, Micah and I sniggered at the way her eyes bulged out of her face. “You what? The funniest thing is that part of me thought that was the case, but then we came to college and started going out with Amaka...you cannot be that f*cked up...surely...”

“I’ve been f*cking on you since we were in year 10, but I’m not trying to mess you around cus you don’t deserve that...and honestly...” He paused. “I know I’m not ready to be with you yet I’m still a baby boy and I’m enjoying my life, when I’m ready to settle down and do it proper...that’s when I want to be with you because you’re a real chick. I’ve seen something in you from a long time ago...I just get frustrated that I can’t be with you when I see you with other guys and I kno-”

“But you’re not my boyfriend Micah.”

“I know but I will be.” He said confidently.

“You’re a fool.”

“Huh?” He was definitely shocked by that.

“I didn’t know you could be this stupid, arrogant and selfish.”

“I’m just letting you know how I feel.”

“By barely speaking to me, getting angry with innocent people and having a girlfriend? Yes, you’ve made your feelings clearly.” Noelle started clapping her hands in a sarcastic applause and I had to punch myself to stop the laughter from taking over me. When it came to sarcasm, after me, Noelle was most certainty the most notorious. And we were both aware of how insane it drove Micah.

“I know how it looks bu-”

“No listen and shut up! You smashed a bottle and nearly split someone’s head open with it because you were mad that you’re still so immature you can’t have a serious relationship with me? When you have a girlfriend? What kind of world are you living in please? You boys always want to have your cake and eat it! I don’t understand why you are with someone you don’t like and why you would attack someone who has done absolutely nothing to you. You’re all idiots!” Noelle seemed enraged. She rolled her eyes in disgust. “Talking about when you’re ready to settle down.” She kissed her teeth loudly and began to walk away. I knew she had made Micah re-evaluate his actions and understand how his impulses were way too reckless.