SINFUL - 3

Noelle chucked her rucksack and oversized Nike Air varsity jacket at me along with a copy of Half of a Yellow Sun; she then hurried into a cubicle with her jeans half way down her thighs before she'd even closed the door.

"Cynthia, you need to read that book!" She sighed as she relieved herself.

"I'll try and find the time between revising for these January mock exams that are starting soon."

"I'm only really worried about Biology; it seems impossible to revise all of the content we've learnt so far."

"I know what you mean, I feel that way about History..."

"I can't wait for them to be over if I'm honest."

"You're telling me."

"God knows what second year will be like." Noelle washed her hands and dried them before putting her jacket back on followed by her rucksack.

"Speaking of second years..." She detected the amusement in my expression and already knew what I was alluding to.

"Urgh...that boy is the epitome of cringe."

"I take it you're not feeling him then."

"Cynthia I'm just as frigid as you are, you know that." We sniggered in unison. "Besides, I'm too young and fabulous to be in a relationship." She flipped her hair in a diva-like manner, causing me to giggle. It was especially funny because Noelle was such a humble girl, she was very cool actually.

"Truuuu!"

"I'm just not interested in boys like that right now and especially not him, I'm not attracted to Adeola in the slightest. I'm not going to lie though...he's buff!"

"Oh my days trust me!" I was grateful that we were the only ones in this toilet as this place was full of too many loose lips. It was comforting that there was someone else like me that knew they had some maturing to do; that wasn't quite ready to get involved with boys yet. Noelle and I had this thing about boys who were really well dressed.

"Like his sleeve tattoo makes me weak and the way his eyes sink into you like he wants to consume you." The toilet door swung shut behind us as we walked out. We'd agreed that Adeola wasn't the best looking of the group, but what he possessed was worth more than a handsome guy- he had charisma. "I had to keep my eyes on my phone man because boyyyyy..." She closed her eyes and caressed her chest evidently reminiscing. "But like, he's older; God knows what he wants from me. I don't know how Andrea does it; it's too much for me. I'm still a baby girl and I'm enjoying my life." We kept laughing and getting strange looks from the people we passed as we made our way to the library. "Sometimes..." Her expression grew serious as she hesitated.

"What? Just say it Noelle..."

"Sometimes I think Andrea acts too grown for her own good." She glanced at me apprehensively awaiting my response. Part of me agreed with her but I said nothing. I looked at my reflection through the glass of the automatic doors and checked that my large braids were still neatly piled at the top of my head. It was so funny how Andrea was only 10 months older than me but some people thought we were twins and others would think I was 14, and that she was 18. It didn't help that I loved my hair in braids and didn't really know what I was doing when it came to make up.

With the girls, text me when u r leaving the library xxx

I was so predictable that Andrea didn't even have to ask me where I was. Noelle was supposed to go with them but she'd opted to come to the library and do some revision. The library was packed to the brim; I was surprised that there was space for Noelle and I. Timmy, Raheem, Trent and some other second year students were working conscientiously in a row. Not far from them were Micah and Kobe, they were jeering at something on Kobe's iPad but as soon as Noelle and I came into their vision, Micah made as though he was busy with his work. Who was this guy? This wasn't the Micah I knew. I really wanted to laugh and ask him what was going on, but I just left it.