SINFUL - 39

Her heart thundered in a panic as he had completely thrown her off. The weight of his question was now hanging over her. His eyes eagerly followed her as she shuffled on top of his duvet, evidently avoiding his gaze. Raheem had an idea of what she had been alluding to but he wanted to be certain. He wanted to be sure that his mind was not playing games with him.

"Answer me Cyn." He commanded; Raheem's tone was identical to the one he'd addressed her with after the altercation in the garage. Sharp and cold. "Where you going?" He blocked her legs with his own, Cynthia could see he was becoming increasingly annoyed by her shuffling away. And now she was trapped, Raheem loomed over her as she was still seated on the edge of his bed. Their positioning made him appear so much taller and her, so much smaller than she was. The lower half of his chiseled torso directly in her line of sight, this intrusion of her personal space had Cynthia on edge. His closeness distracted her from being able to utter any words as his body heat radiated between them. Somehow, her natural beauty had distracted him from pressing the issue further. Raheem grew frustrated at his contradictory emotions.

"I feel like crap, I need to freshen up a bit." She mumbled, growing self-conscious about her current state. Raheem's muscles tensed as he listened to her, then he laughed when he saw that Cynthia almost flinched. He watched her blink repeatedly before glancing up at him tentatively.

"I'm not gonna hurt you man, chill. Erm, there should be spare toothbrushes in the cupboard beneath the sink." Raheem took a cautious step back, allowing her to finally stand up and leave the room. Once Cynthia walked out of the room, she felt some degree of relief before realising she didn't know which door led to the bathroom. She walked straight ahead and opened the first door in her direction.

Cynthia was a little startled to see Raheem's mother on her knees with her hands clasped and her eyes closed. She could see her muttering to herself in prayer, Cynthia quickly shut the door silently and turned towards the neighbouring room. In the quick moment she had seen Bianca, she had noticed some differences in comparison to the first time they had met. She was still extremely slim and frail, but her hair seemed to have more body and her skin had more colour to it. It made Cynthia smile as she walked into the actual bathroom. She quickly located a new toothbrush, brushed her teeth and washed her face. This didn't stop her from feeling rough and slightly sickly. She felt sick remembering not what she had done the night before but more importantly, why she had done it. It had been a very poor attempt to suppress feelings that Raheem had evoked from within her.

Cynthia began to feel extremely anxious, which worsened the unpleasant churning of her stomach. She wasn't sure whether she wanted to be physically sick or that the overwhelming feeling in the pit of her stomach was just to let her know that drama was going to meet her shortly. She needed to leave immediately, she couldn't stand being this close to him. Cynthia wasn't sure how much longer she could suppress how her body naturally reacted to him. She couldn't understand how all this had transpired, in the little time she had spent with him. The previous night still seemed so surreal.

Cynthia had walked back into the room with the intention to put her trainers on and grab her phone from his bed. Raheem was standing in the same position she had left him, but he had one hand down his boxers and the other one was holding his iPhone to his ear. She hated that her eyes instantly zeroed in on his lower region. She felt herself heat up as her body reacted to him. Filthy thoughts immediately crossed her mind.

"So what's he saying?" He peered over at Cynthia as she came in and kept his eyes fixed on her. "Say nothing, I'll ring you in a bit." She could already sense that something was going on.

"What's up?"

Raheem ignored her question and looked at her with the same vacant expression, the way he silently stared made her feel nervous and awkward.