SINFUL - 18

I spent the morning watching old episodes of Glee, singing along and making no attempt to help the swelling reduce. I actually enjoyed my time alone at home. There was no sound of my mother's loud conversations with her friends or my aunties, or Andrea's annoying high pitched voice singing along to Ariana Grande. I giggled at the images on my phone that Micah had sent me through iMessage; there was one of him rolling his eyes, then a cheeky selfie with Mr. Pearson; although Mr. Pearson was evidently unaware that a picture was being taken. He truly had no limits. I spluttered at the last one of Micah's intense crying face as he clutched his chest, crumpling his Dope Chef dashiki. I shook my head; sometimes Micah actually looked too good for just another day of college. I had seen Micah the day before so he was aware that I wouldn't be in sixth form, I then sent Noelle a voice message giving her a summarised version of what had happened between myself and Andrea.

"Let your man know that Mr. steal your girl is back..." I twirled my hips in my tracksuit bottoms, singing along with Trey as I folded some of my t-shirts. I took the opportunity to dance sensually, a way I never would if eyes were on me. The instrumental was doing something to me, the combination of that and Trey's flawless falsetto. I had to tell Lola and Noelle how good this new album was. My eyes darted across my bed where my phone was as I watched it ring loudly. I swung myself onto my bed, resting my head onto my cushions as I answered the phone call.

"Oi, where are you?" Kobe didn't even bother to say hello. I stared at my phone in bewilderment before pressing it back against my ear.

"Rude..."

"What's rude is you not showing up in form so I couldn't even copy your notes for English." I could practically hear him scoffing, followed by him kissing his teeth. I just laughed.

"That's what you get..."

"Shh man!"

"Shh yourself."

"Nah but where are you?"

"At home."

"Why?" I heard the surprise in his voice. "So you've started bunking yeah?"

"Shut up." I replied bluntly.

"So why ain't you at college?"

"..."

"Cynthia...why you gone silent on me?"

"Kobe man, don't you have a lesson to go to?" I exhaled deeply, getting up from my bed.

"Nah I'm done for the day. College will not kill me."

"What do you mean?" I sniggered at how dramatic he was being as I walked down to the kitchen, to make myself something to eat.

"I've had enough for the day; I'm on my way home."

"Why do you always do this?" Kobe made his own rules; everything had to be done his way. One thing I did like about him was he was always calm.

"Rules are made to be broken b."

"You're such a rebel, aren't you?" I responded sarcastically.

"Come buck me." He stated dismissively.

"I...can't."

"Why not man?" I knew Kobe was smirking, he knew I had never really liked Prince. I was always uncomfortable around him, it made me wonder if he knew that I know about his brother and my sister. "You don't even need to come mine, we can mee-"

"I'm not leaving my house mate."

"Fine, I'll come to you."

"Kobe man..."