Fever and threatened

The next morning, I had a hard time to wake up. My mum went into my room after calling me a few times. She saw me, still not getting ready for school. She sat on my bed when she saw me coughing. 

"Oh my..your forehead is hot," My mum placed her hand on my forehead with a little shock.

"Umma....," I called her.

"Sweetheart, I think you better stay at home. I think you have a fever," She told me.

"But..I have to go to school...I (cough) I have a short test today," I tried to get up but my mum pulled me down.

"How can you take the test when you are in this condition? I'll take you to the doctor after I sent Dayoung to preschool," My mum looked at her watch.

"Aunty, is something wrong with Min Jung?" Jiro walked in after he noticed that my mum and me are not at the breakfast table.

Suddenly her phone rang and she went to pick up her call. Jiro approached my bed and was shocked to feel my temperature. After taking the call, my mum went to sit on my bed and said,"Jiro-ah, Min Jung is having fever right now. I thought of sending her to the clinic after sending Dayoung to school..but I need to rush to the office for a last minute meeting. Can you do me a favor?"

"No worries, aunty. I can send her to the clinic. You can just go ahead with the meeting at work," Jiro told her.

"Thank you, Jiro. Sweetheart, I'm sorry I can't send you to clinic but I'll be home soon once my work is done. Remember to eat your medicine and have lots of rest," My mum kissed my forehead and rushed out.

Jiro looked at me and got me up. He helped me getting down the stairs and into the cab. I leaned on his shoulder and breathed heavily. Jiro held my hand tightly and covered me with his jacket after noticing that I was shivering. As soon we arrived, he piggybacked me and told the nurse about me. The nurse understood and aided Jiro to the doctor's room.  My body is getting hotter and feeling dizzy at the same time. The female doctor checked me and shooked her head.

"Doctor, how is she?" Jiro asked worriedly.

"How long is she in this state?" The doctor asked in korean.

"Huh?" Jiro can't understand what she said.

The doctor noticed that he's not korean and speak english.

"Why?" Jiro seemed to be concerned with my condition.

"Her temperature is 45 degrees.  And it's not normal for a person to be have that kind of temperature. In other words..," The doctor told him.

His eyes widened in shock. He slumped on the chair behind him and can't believe what he just heard. After examination, Jiro asked for some medicated pills for me. He carried me and went home using a cab. Once reached home, I was put on my bed and covered with my blanket. Jiro sat beside me and looked at me. I coughed a few times and he gave me a sip of water. I opened my eyes a little and asked,"Aren't you late for school?"

"I decided to not go to school today," Jiro told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I want to take care of you. You're important now," He said.

"Jiro, don't skip school. I can ask my aunty to come by to watch over me," I tried to convince him.

"But I want to. You're - ," He stopped for a moment and recalled what the doctor had just said.

"What about me?" I asked.

"Uh..nothing. Are you sure that your aunty will be here?" Jiro looked at me with a worried look.