Pretentious

We took a cab to ChoRong's party. Upon arriving at her place, it was already packed with her friends and popular groups in the school. Suddenly I felt nervous and out of place. Jiro saw my facial expression and held my hand.

"C'mon. I'm here. Let's go in," Jiro smiled.

I nodded and tried to calm myself down. When we reached the party place, ChoRong saw us but focused directly to Jiro. She skipped to Jiro and hugged his arm. 

"Jiro! I know You will come to my party! You look awesome tonight," ChoRong gave him a sweet look.

"ChoRong ah, who is he?" One of her friends asked with interest.

"He's..a transfer student from my class," She proudly said to them.

"Wow..he's gorgeous..," Her friends looked at him with interest.

"Is..he..with her?" One of her friends raised her eyebrow and pointed at me.

I quickly let go of his hand, feeling awkward with the question. Before I could answer, someone called my name.

"Min Jung-ah! You're here," Minhyuk called me from behind.

I turned my head and saw Minhyuk smiling towards me. ChoRong quickly let of of Jiro and ran towards Minhyuk.

"Minhyuk-ah, when did you get here?" She feel nervous.

"I just came. Seem that you invited him too," Minhyuk looked Jiro.

"Uh..since he's new here..so I thought it'd be great mix with our friends," She tried to explain to him.

I looked around me and I saw the girls around Jiro talking and seemed interested to get to know him. Feeling out of place, I decided to sit at the corner of the party and fumbled with my phone.

*Shouldn't have come to this party* I sighed and looked at the party with the cool people having fun.

"You bored?" Someone whispered to my ear.

"Oh..Minhyuk-shii...When did you get here?" I asked.

"Just now. Are you not joining them?" He pointed to the party.

"Ani. I'm just..gonna sit here..I'm not fit to be there anyways," I said.

"Looks like Jiro is having fun," He told me.

I looked over to where Jiro is and he seemed to be dancing with the girls..and...ChoRong?

"Uh..I think your girl-," Before I could finish my sentence, he said," I know."

"You know?" I asked and raised my eyebrow.

"To tell you the truth..we have nothing going on," Minhyuk told me.

"Why are you telling me this? I mean..I thought..you and ChoRong are together like a couple?" I asked.

"It's all her idea. She wants everyone to see that we are a good and popular couple in school," Minhyuk said.

"Oh...," is all I can say and wondered why he is telling me all this.

Suddenly, Jiro came to our place and sat beside me.

"Phew! It's hot here!" He loosen his tie and wiped his sweat with his handkerchief.

"You sure are popular with the girls," I said to him.

"Am I? Minhyuk-shii, you're not dancing with them?" He looked over to Minhyuk.

"Me? I'm not a good dancer and I don't feel like dancing tonight," Minhyuk smiled.

4 girls came running to Jiro and asked him to dance with them again. He refused them at first but after a little persuasion, he got up and followed them. I looked at him being dragged and sighed. Must feel nice to be popular.. I stood up and decided to go home.

"Where are you going?" Minhyuk asked while looking at me.

"Home. I..uh..need to be home before 11PM," I told him.

"You're not waiting for Jiro?" he asked.

"Ani. Just let him have fun. He knows the way home anyways," I told him.

"I'll walk you home then," he offered.

"N-No. It's okay. I can walk home by myself. You just enjoy the party," I rejected his offer.

"Nah, I'm getting bored in this party anyways. And it's not nice for a girl to walk by herself," Minhyuk said.

He stood up and walked in front of me. I followed him from behind and texted Jiro that I'm going home first.

Along the way, we talked about several things and without knowing, we had a lot of common interests. Soon, we reached my house. 

"Thanx for walking me home," I smiled.

"Not a problem," He smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye," I turned my back and walked to my doorstep.

"W-Wait," He stopped me.

"Wae?" I asked.

"Uh..here take this," he handed me a white headband with a ribbon.

"Are..you giving me this?" I asked.

"Uh..I feel like it's..going to be nice when you're wearing it. Here, let me put for you," He help me put the headband for me.

After putting the headband on my head, he smiled.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"You look pretty," He complimented me and smiled.

Minhyuk made eye contact with me. He tilted my head a little and leaned closer while closing his eyes.

*Is..Is he going to kiss me?!* I felt panic and did not know what to do. His face is getting nearer and my heart keep beating faster.

"Min Jung-ah!" Someone called my name.

Both of us stopped whatever we are doing and moved a bit further from each other.

"Min Jung-ah! Why didn't you wait for me at the party? We could have walk home together and it's not nice for you to walk home alone and..," 

"Jiro-shii, it's okay. Minhyuk walked me home," I smiled at Jiro and pointed to Minhyuk.

"Oh. I didn't see you there. Thanx for walking her home. What are you guys doing here then?" Jiro asked.

"Uh..we..uh..I was just about to go inside when you called me," I tried to cover about the situation.

"Min Jung-ah, I'll see you in school tomorrow. Goodnight," He waved to me and turned his back to go home.

I waved, smiling to myself. Jiro saw my facial expression and know something must have happen before he came.

"Is there something I shoud know?" Jiro asked.

"Nothing. Let's just go inside. I'm tired already," I pretended to yawn and walked towards the doorstep.