Jiro Wang

Hi Min Jung!

Jiro here. I'm coming to Korea,Seoul for student exchange! Isn't that awesome?! I can get to meet you and we can spent time together! I'll be there for half a year. I do hope you could see me at the airport tomorrow at 10PM. I can't wait to see you! =D

Your Best Penpal,

Jiro

I still can't believe what I just read. He'll be coming down to Korea in just few hours now... I looked at my watch and it showed 9PM. I quickly dressed up to fetch Jiro from the airport. Dayoung came in with a storybook.

"Unnie, where are you going?" She asked.

"Unnie's going to fetch someone from airport," I told her while tying my hair.

She made a sad face. I looked at her and bend down.

"Wae?" I asked.

"I want you to read me a storybook before I go to sleep," She pouted.

"Aigooo,after I came back I'll read you a storybook ok?" I held out a pinky finger to her.

She gave a little smile and laced her little finger to mine.

After all was settled, I went out and flagged a cab. I looked at my watch once again. It's half an hour before 10PM. Upon arriving, I quickly paced myself and reached at the terminal where Jiro will be exiting.I sat near the terminal and waited. It's already 10.15PM...And there is till no sign of him. My eyes are getting sleepy. Without me knowing, I went into a deep sleep.

==============

After a few minutes, I was woken up by someone. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I looked at that someone who woke me up. My eyes widened in shock! 

"J-Jiro-shii? I mean Jiro?" I rubbed my eyes in disbelief.

"Annyeong. Did I say it correctly?" He asked while smiled and waved.

"Aha. Yup. Annyeong," I smiled.

"Sorry that I made you wait for me for too long. There's some delay back there," He said.

I looked at him with a puzzle look. Why did I feel like he's lying?

"Min Jung, are you okay?" He asked.

"Ya. Shall we get going?" I asked.

He nodded and stood up from the seat. We walked down the escalator. I took a quick peek at him. He's different from the time that I last chatted with. He's more muscular and he's good-looking in person. I quickly looked other way when he turned his head to me.

"So where will you be staying?" I asked.

"I dunno. Still haven't find a place to stay yet," He shrugged.

"Your school didn't provide a place for you to stay in?" I asked.

"Uh...Maybe I don't want to," He said.

"Huh? You don't want to?" I felt confused.

"I mean I rather sty at the place where I'm familiar with since I'm new here," He looked at me and smiled.

"Wait. You don't mean...you are going to stay at my place?" I pointed to myself and furrowed my eyebrows.

Before he could say anything, there's a group of girls rushing and looking for someone.

"Where did he go?" One of the girls asked, scratched her head.

"I thought I saw him walking here," one of them said.

Jiro quickly adjusted his cap and pretended nothing's happened. One of the girls approach me and asked,"Unnie, did you see a Taiwanese superstar passing by?" (speaking korean)

"Dugu?" I asked.

"You know.. a popular Fahrenheit group. One of them is here and his name is...", Before the girl could finish her sentence, Jiro cleared his throat and said,"Uh,we should go. It's getting late." Jiro held my hand and swiftly get out from the fangirls. I am still confused by what just happened. Jiro quickly took a quick peek at his surrounding and heaved a sigh of relief.

"U okay?" I asked.

"Uh..ya. Just a little tired that's all. Let's head to your house before it's getting too late," He said.

=========

On the way back, I am still thinking of how to break the news to my parents that he will be staying with us. I tried to think of several excuses but most of them cannot be used. I sighed. Jiro saw me having trouble and asked," Everything's ok?"

I just nodded and gave a fake smile to reassure him. We arrived to my doorstep. I exhaled and inhaled. I closed my eyes and opened the door. 

"Omma,Appa. I'm home," I greeted them.

"Oh, welcome back home," My mom looked at my direction and had a question on her face.

"Min Jung, who are you bringing back home?" My dad asked.

"Uh...umma, appa,this is my penpal from Taiwan. His name is Jiro Wang," I introduced him to my parents.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Naneun Jiro Wang imnida," He fluently greeted in korean with a bow.

"You're very good in korean," My mom seemed surprised.

"Hai,Jiro. It's nice to meet you," My dad shook his hand.

"Uh..umma,appa. I have a favor to ask. Can he stay with us for the time being? He still haven't search for a vacant rented house yet," I said.

"Well, why not. We still have an empty room on the second floor. You can use that room," My mom said.

"Kamsahamida," he bowed gratefully.

"Aigooo, he's so respectful," my mom seemed delighted to see him.

"I'll help you carry the bags to your new room," My dad offered.

"Kamsahamida," he thanked again.

*Well...that was easy* I thought.

My mom looked at me with a smile.

"Umma,wae?" I asked.

"Your boyfriend?" She asked.

"Aniya, umma," I flustered.

"Aigooo, your face turned all red already," my mom teased.

"I'm tired. I'm going to bed," I rushed up, avoiding any more questions from my mom.