chapter sixteen // the coffee house.

Olivia's POV

I bang my head against the counter, wondering if time could literally pass any slower. The record store is completely dead and has been for the past couple hours. But I need the cash... Ever since I've met Harry, he's occupied all of my time and my wallet has suffered from it.

A Bon Iver record plays in the background, the music being so soothing that it almost lulls me to sleep. Sometimes I was grateful for working in such a relaxed place, but today was not one of them.

This entire week Harry has been in the studio and I have only seen him once since the day I was lazying around with the world's largest hangover. He snuck over to my house and we talked - and made out - for a little while.

I still have Saturday night to look forward to. The party that Harry had invited me to, where I'll meet Simon Cowell. The idea still hasn't really hit me. I still need to buy a new dress. Alicia had called me and asked me to go shopping with her tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

The girls all assured me that they weren't mad for me being a drunken mess when we went out. Summer told me I was too hilarious to be mad at. Rosalie actually apologized to me for leaving me all alone. And here I was scared that I ruined my chance of being friends with them.

I don't think anything changed with Juliet. But it's nice to know that she doesn't just hate me for no reason. I had been meaning to ask Harry about it, but I haven't found the time. I feel actually bad for Juliet. I see where she's coming from. It'd be hard to see all these girls come and go. If I was her, I'd be the same way; very distant.

I watch through the large glass windows in hope as I see a group of people walk by. They wear beanies and knitted sweaters with oversized glasses, just the type of people that come to the record store. I slump down in frustration as they walk on pass without even a glance.

If a person could literally die of boredom, I'm doomed.

Reaching a new low of desperation, I start to dance around the record store to 'Flume' by Bon Iver - my personal favorite on his album. I create a new style of dance that one would probably name 'the-dance-of-the-bored-white-girl'. I literally laugh at myself because I know that if anyone would walk in, they'd walk directly out without hesitation.

After the song finishes and the interpretive dancing becomes boring as well, I lay across the floor of the store. I count the ceiling tiles, trying to create images with them in my mind.

The bell above the door dings, announcing the arrival of another human being. I literally jump to my feet in a matter of seconds.

"Welcome to -" I start my routine greet, but stop myself as soon as I lay eyes on the visitor, "TEA YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER, LITERALLY A LIFE SAVER!" I shout, sprinting pass the rows of vintage records to throw my arms around my best friend.

She looks taken back, but laughs and hugs me back nonetheless.

"I was just going to see if you were getting off work anytime soon, I figured we could go out tonight?" She suggests, saying the words to make me the happiest woman alive.

"I'm not supposed to be done for another hour, but no amount of money in the world could make me stay a minute longer." I exclaim, racing towards the back of the store to grab my sweatshirt and keys to lock up the store.

Tea smiles, obviously being just as bored as I am on this Thursday summer night. Now we can finally catch up and have some needed best friend time, since the last time we tried, we had been interrupted.

I lock the front door behind me before linking elbows with Tea. We've always looked so out-of-place together. Me with my vintage dresses and tights and oxfords; her with her ripped up shorts, leather jackets, and combat boots. I take notice of a brand new piercing in her ears, nothing out of the ordinary for Tea.