chapter twenty-five // letting go.

Olivia's POV

"Hey Mom and Dad..." I speak quietly, my eyes wide with fear as I look at my two parents staring at Harry and I with anger in their eyes.

Uh-oh.

This isn't good.

This isn't good at all.

I've seen my parents this angry only a few times in my lifetime. Once, when I was little and I decided to try out their new paper shredder and shredded all of their important business documents. The other time was when they walked in on Tate and I making out in my bedroom. Both incidents did not end well and I learned quickly to do my best to keep my parents from exploding.

"You've got about ten seconds to explain everything to us, Olly." My father speaks sternly, using the voice he uses with the business partners that piss him off.

How do I even explain it all, when I don't understand it myself?

"This is my boyfriend, Harry," I state, knowing better than to try and lie to them.

Harry stares at them with fearful eyes, seeing them as two vicious dogs, waiting to devour him at any second. My parents aren't the most friendly people you'll ever meet. I don't blame him.

"Hey, Olivia, the boys and I were wondering if we could get some - " Tea bursts into the house, but abruptly stops when she sees my parents, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Watson," She stands up straight and gives them a forced smile.

" 'The boys'?" My mother questions me, her voice raising even more.

"Harry's in a boyband?" I reply, but it comes out more like a question.

My parents look at me like I'm asking to be admitted into an insane asylum. Harry gives my hand a tight squeeze as I feel his eyes on my face. I don't dare look back at him, knowing that'll just add fuel to the fire.

"Harry, could we have a word with our daughter, please?" My dad addresses Harry with an edgy tone.

"Yes, sir," Harry nods and gives my hand one last squeeze before letting it go and following Tea back outside to the backyard.

My parents turn around, expecting me to follow them into the dining room. Once in awhile, when my parents want to feel as if they're actually doing something, they'll have little 'family meetings'. It usually ends with the two of them remembering something they have to finish for work and leaving me alone at the dinner table.

I can only pray that will happen again.

"I just don't understand, Olivia. You're dating this boy? You haven't even mentioned him to us - " My mother sighs, rubbing her temples as if I'm causing her the biggest migraine in the world.

"Even if I had, it's not like you would have listened," I mutter, my attitude taking control of my better judgement.

My mother lets out a gasp as if I had just sworn in church. I keep my eyes down as my lips pull tight in a firm line. I clench my jaw to keep myself in check.

"Olivia!" My father scolds me, "You act like we don't care about you. Everything we do is -" He continues and I feel something inside me burst.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah... Everything you do is so I can have a good life. I've heard it a million times. It doesn't change that you're never here. It's pretty sad that I've had a boyfriend for awhile now and you haven't even noticed!" I raise my voice, something I never do to my parents.

They stare at me, realizing I'm no longer the little girl who used to practice her piano lessons all day long and bring home straight A's. Perhaps the Olivia they thought existed never really did.