chapter eight // blast from the past.

Olivia's POV

I slip a loose-fitting dress over my bathing suit, rushing around the house to get ready. I can't even remember the last time I actually woke up on time.

Glancing in the mirror and let out a groan at my hair which has decided to make itself nearly identical to a tumbleweed. I rip the brush through my hair before throwing it into a braid. A loud knock on the door sends me nearly a foot in the air.

Throwing on the nearest sandals I can find, I grab my bag and sprint down the stairs. I throw the door open with much more force than I was intending. Unfortunately the rug that's placed in front of the door slides from under me, sending me directly onto my butt.

Harry's shocked for a moment, but it doesn't take long for him to be doubling over with laughter. He grips at his sides because he's laughing so hard. I narrow my eyes at him, immensely embarrassed, but I don't want to show it.

"Need a hand?" He offers, sticking his hand out for me to grab onto. His eyes are watering from all the laughter.

I let out a grunt and smack his hand away. I get to my feet on my own, brushing myself off. What a way to start the date, Olivia.

"I wasn't laughing at you, honestly! I just remembered a funny joke Louis had told me earlier," Harry lies through his teeth as I shut the front door behind us.

"You're a horrible liar," I tell him, the corners of my lips turning up despite my struggle to keep my angry front going.

 Heat rushes up my face as I feel Harry's arms snake their way around my waist. He rests his chin on my shoulder, his warm breath tickling my ear. My walking becomes crooked as I try my hardest to keep walking in the direction of his SUV.

"You should've seen the look on your face," He teases, his voice low and playful in my ear.

I can't help but to let out a scoff as I send an elbow in his direction. He continues to laugh loudly as he lets go of me, much to my disappointment.

Get a grip, Olivia.

* * *

Harry parks on the side of the road, squeezing between two fairly small cars. It takes several attempts for him to get his monstrous SUV in the small space, but he manages to make it fit.

"It's just a small walk from here," He explains to me as he opens my door for me and holds his hand out for me to hold onto as I jump down from his car.

My feet barely hit the ground and then we're ambushed. People swarm from all over, blinding me with flashes from their cameras. I can't even hear whatever Harry's trying to tell me over the loud squeals of the mob of people.

I shield my eye with my arm, gripping Harry's arm tightly as he tries to push his way through the crowd. He holds onto my hand with just as much urgency.

"Harry! Harry! Over here!"

"Who's this little beauty?"

"Is this the same girl you were spotted at the park with?"

"Are you two dating?"

"Harry!"

"HARRY!"

My head spins with all the shouts being directed towards us. Seeming out of nowhere, bodyguards surround us and push the crazy paparazzi away from us. Harry smiles and waves to the camera as he pulls me along.

I can't help but to shake with fear. I've never had to deal with this many people crowding around me. Claustrophobia crashes over me like a wave; overwhelming me.