chapter three // the first date.

Olivia's POV

Just as expected, Tea rushed to my house much earlier than four because she was so excited for my date. At least that makes one of us. I'm still nervous about what I got myself into...

Harry had texted me this morning;

Excited for our date tonight, I can't wait to see that lovely smile of yours <3

It took me nearly an hour to respond, trying to figure out what the right response would be. Do I pretend I'm much more excited than I really am? Or do I let him know right away that he's going to have to work to impress me.

I think I'm over-thinking this entire situation.

Tea arrived and held several articles of clothing in her arms. I cringed as I saw a significant amount of black. I had to remind her that I was going on a date, not attending a funeral.

But after an hour of disagreements and compromises, I'm finally dressed.

Since Harry just said that we'd be eating dinner with his friends, then maybe going to a friend's party, I decide to keep it casual. I wear a coral colored t-shirt with green shorts, which are matching with my green gladiator sandals. The only thing I do use of Tea's is her black fringe purse.

Tea compromises with my make-up, putting my eyeliner on thick, but I balance it out with nude lipstick and minimal other makeup.

Before I know it, there's a knock on my front door. Tea smiles mischievously at me, but I send her a warning glare.

"Don't you dare," I point a finger at my bed, signalling her to stay seated and not make a peep. She just laughs loudly and sits down. "Just wait until we leave, then you're free to go," I tell her, doing one last mirror check.

"Aye-aye, captain." She smirks and flops back on my bed, pulling out her headphones, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do," She calls out as I leave my bedroom.

I take my time heading to the front door, hoping he's sitting there in anticipation. I take a deep breath before opening the door.

Harry looks even better than he had last night, which is quite an accomplishment, I'd have to say. He wears a pair of khaki shorts with a plain white v-neck. His curly brown hair looks just as flawless as I remembered. The only thing I could complain about was the fact that he's wearing sunglasses and his beautiful green eyes are hidden from sight.

" 'Ello, love," He says, sounding like a stereotypical British boy. I take notice to a new feature on his face, one I didn't catch last night; the cutest dimples you'll ever see.

"Hi," I smile, trying not to get too flustered with his good looks. Remember Olivia, he's a complete stranger. Don't get ahead of yourself.

"You look absolutely wonderful, if I may say so," He says, holding out his arm for me to grab on to.

"You may," I smirk, hooking my elbow with his. He lets out a loud laugh and leads the way away from my house.

He leads me to my driveway and my eyebrows raise once I see what's parked in my driveway. A shiny black SUV that looks brand-new. I peek a look at Harry and he's watching me with a proud smile on his face. I don't compliment his car, for I know it will only go right to his ego.

He opens my door for me like a perfect gentleman and once he shuts the door behind me, I can't help but to smile to myself.

I don't think in all the years I was dating Tate, he ever opened the car door for me. I don't even think he came to my door to get me for our dates. It feels nice to be treated so well.