chapter two // companions.

Niall's POV

I stretch my legs out and let out a great big yawn. I peer around the room at the others, who are just as sprawled out as I am around Louis and Harry's living room. We watch a football game, or as it's called in the States, a soccer game.

Zayn and Liam are sitting on the edge of their seats as they wait for the game-winning play. Louis is lounging in the recliner beside them, half awake, half asleep.

My phone vibrates and I pull it out of my sweatpants. I can't help but to smile, a text from Alicia.

Alicia and I have been dating for a year now. I met her while we were touring here before. I was in disguise and she was selling t-shirts at some soccer game we went to. She was incredibly sweet and when I told her who I was, she was completely fine with it. She handled it exceptionally well.

I smile to myself as I respond to her text.

"Tell Alicia we say hi," Louis says, speaking in that damned baby voice he uses when he talks about our girlfriends. I roll my eyes, but text that to her anyways,"HA-HA! Take that, you bloody Spanish!" He nearly leaps out of his recliner, throwing a fist in the air.

Zayn and Liam curse under their breath and frown deeply. I don't know if they're more mad that the team they wanted to win didn't, or the fact that Louis' team beat them.

"Oi, Louis, can it," Zayn warns him as Louis does a happy dance in front of the TV.

I was just laughing at Louis' awful dance moves when the front door swings wide open. It makes all of us jump in surprise.

"Well, you will not be disappointed, love, that much I can promise you," Harry says into the phone, a smile plastered on his face.

Oh-no.

I look to Liam with a frown. I wonder who the poor girl is that Harry has seduced...

"Alright, then I'll see you tomorrow at five then?" He asks, very well aware that all of us are listening into his conversation. He smiles mischievously at us. "Have a wonderful night, Olivia, and I cannot wait to see you tomorrow," He grins before hanging up.

We all get to our feet, waiting for Harry to dish out what had happened while he was out. Liam stands beside me as we expect the worse. Louis and Zayn just smile, waiting rather impatiently.

"Let's just say 'Operation Inspiration' is a go!" Harry cheers and starts dancing in place, looking much like Louis a few moments ago.

"Bloody hell, you work fast!" Louis lets out a laugh and pats Harry on the back. Zayn follows his suit and gives Harry a proud hug.

"What's she like?" Zayn asks.

I consider not even sitting around anymore. I don't want to hear about this poor innocent girl that in a few weeks is going to be a not-so-innocent, heartbroken girl.

"Well, I stopped into a local pub- er- bar and was doing fine up until someone recognized me. I had to literally sprint down the road. I was escaping the mob of girls when I ran directly into some girl, completely knocking her over," Harry explains,

"Smooth move, mate," Zayn laughs.

I can't help but to let out a small chuckle as I picture that sight in my head. Liam shoots me a frown, warning me not to encourage this. So, I cover my laughter with a cough and return to being mad at Harry.

"I grabbed her and saved her from being trampled by the stamped of women, as we ducked into some doorway. Her name is Olivia Watson. She's funny, confident and beautiful; all the qualities I need in a girl," He grins, indulging us with some details.