chapter twenty-seven // great news.

Olivia's POV

We allow the silence to finish the song off; each absorbing what we can.

Slowly, I open my eyes. Sweat coats my palms as I remove them from the familiarity of the guitar. The nerves feel so intense that I think I'm going to be sick everywhere. Singing your own music puts you in the most vulnerable state imaginable and vulnerability doesn't suit me well.

The moment my eyes meet Harry's, the guitar is pulled off of my lap and Harry's pressing his lips against mine with a sense of urgency that I've never felt before. He grips me like a child grips their beloved stuffed animal; scared to let go.

I meet his soft lips with just as much intensity, letting a relieved moan escape.

"Olivia Watson," He says before kissing me again, "you are," He kisses me again, "too good," and again, "to be," and again, "real."

I feel a blush creeping up to cover my cheeks as I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer to me, burying my face as he kisses up my neck. He makes it extremely difficult to maintain constant breathing. I find myself at a loss of many things; oxygen, thoughts beside him, words to express anything I want to. Luckily my music can take care of that for me.

"So you liked it?" I ask, nervously. Our breathing intertwines as our lips merely brush against each other's.

Much to my dismay, he pulls away from my face. He reaches forward and brushes my bangs out of my face, looking deep into my eyes that are a few shades lighter than his own green eyes.

"If by 'like' you meant 'want to start. religion worshipping everything about it', then yes," He grins, his dimples debut on his cheeks.

I let out a laugh before pulling his face towards mine once again, unable to help myself. I let my fingers do what they wish as they tangle themselves in his thick, curly dark hair.

All the nerves I felt evaporate into the night sky. They realize - just as I had - there's no need to be nervous with Harry. I could have sang about taking out the trash and I'm sure he would have reacted the same. It makes him even more lovable.

After planting a final trail of kisses all over my jaw line and creating goosebumps to cover my full body, Harry lays down on the blanket beside me. He grips my hand tightly, holding onto it as if it were a part of his own body. I can't help but to feel as if our hands were molded for each other. His large hands seem like they'd be too much for my small hands, but they fit like magic.

"I've got a final surprise for you," He says as we both look up into the stars.

I tear my eyes from the multiple constellations I identify to look at him with confusion. What else could he have up his sleeve? I don't know if I can handle another surprise without having an emotional overload.

"So today while you were busy, I was hanging with some friends, as you know," He starts off, turning his body so he's facing me, "I happened to be hanging out with Ed, since neither of us have any free time for awhile."

My ears perk up even more at the mention of Ed Sheeran, one of Harry's best mates. The fact that the two of them hang out so casually makes me pout in jealousy. Though I'm glad I wasn't there to further make a fool of myself. I can barely think straight around Harry; add Ed to it and I'm in trouble.

"Are you telling me this just to rub it in?" I ask, raising an eyebrow, still confused as to where he's heading with this.

Harry lets out a loud laugh, shaking his head, making his curls bounce. He lets go of my hand and places it on my cheek, his eyes twinkling as he smiles.