chapter seven // song writers.

AN: Be sure to check out the Author's note at the bottom, it's really important!

Olivia's POV

I glance down at what I have just spent the last several hours writing. I can't help but to feel a swell of pride in my chest. It's greater than anything I have ever written.

After last night's date with Harry, I was just feeling in the song-writing mood. This song could be good enough to send to some labels. I pick up my guitar and sing my brand new song, called 'You and Me'.

You and me,
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me. (Hey, hey, hey)
You and me, (My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me.

It has a very vintage, jazzy feeling to it. I could see someone with a soulful voice belting out to this song. It shows exactly the type of music I listen to - Nina Simone, Frank Sinatra, or Aretha Franklin. My dad was the one who introduced me to his old records.

If the stars don’t shine, if the moon won’t rise, if I never see the setting sun again,
You won’t hear me cry, this I testify; please believe me, boy, you know I wouldn’t lie.
As long as there is

This verse is taken straight from last night. The stars and the moon in the sky. I can just picture Harry underneath the stars - my favorite place to be.

Instantly my cheeks start to turn pink as I realize I was thinking of Harry. I hadn't written the song with Harry in mind. I just sort of wrote - nothing really pushing me to in my head. I've written several love songs with no boys in mind and I had thought this was just another one.

You and me, (Ohhh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me. (Hey, hey, hey)
You and me, (My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me.

I sing the chorus again, trying to push Harry's face out of my mind. I've only had two dates with the boy. It's a little soon to be thinking of him all the time. Don't get ahead of yourself, Olivia.

If you love a soul more than fame and gold, and that soul feels the same about you,
It’s a natural fact, there’s no turning back, and here’s some advice to you:
You’ve got to say it’s,

Irritation grows in my chest as I realize how perfectly it fits Harry. Fame and gold, really Olivia? Why is this boy tangling himself in every part of my brain? He's successfully infiltrated my song writing section of my brain.

You and me, (Ohhh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me. (Hey, hey, hey)
You and me, (My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me.

I sing the chorus much louder, trying to get the frustration out. I've never let a boy get to me this much. Last time I did, I ended up falling for him and getting myself hurt. Tate's face enters my brain and I recall all the songs I had written for him, feeling rather dumb.

When love is real, you don’t have to show it.
When it is true, then everyone will know.
‘Cause there’ll be no one but

The bridge sits higher in my voice and I close my eyes to sing it. Love. I haven't used that word in such a long time. If I had subconsciously written this song about Harry, why had I used the word love? I know for a fact I'm not in love with Harry... yet. I barely know the boy.

You and me, (Youuuuuuu)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me. (Hey, hey, hey)
You and me, (Ohhh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
You and me,
Nobody baby but you and me.

Do do do dooo do, woo woo

You and me baby