chapter thirty-five // reaching the breaking point.

Tea's POV

I groan as I glance at my phone for the sixth time in the past five minutes. Where in the hell is Olivia? She called me at least four hours ago and I haven't heard from her since. And of course her phone is off.

If this break-up is anything like the last one, she's gonna need major support. I was there for her last time, so there's no way I'm leaving her behind this time around.

The problem is that when Olivia falls; she falls hard. She isn't the type of girl to profess her love after just getting to know the guy. It takes her time to warm up to him and really trust him... But after that, she gives him everything.

And unfortunately she doesn't have the best luck and these assholes take her everything and smash it to pieces.

I can't help but to feel bad as a friend. I should have seen this coming, but it was a total shocker to me. When the whole thing with Tate happened, I wasn't all that surprised. He was a major tool and I hated his guts. But Harry was different. I thought that Olivia had actually found a decent guy. I wasn't too worried.

That makes Harry almost ten times worse than Tate. He's like the silent killer.

Glancing at my phone for a message from Olivia one last time, I bang my head against the frame of my bed.

If Olivia's not here, then the only other place she could be is back at Harry's apartment. Perhaps he came home and talked her out of leaving. She'd be a sucker for a few romantic words, especially from Harry. She's head-over-heels for the jerk.

And if she's still at his apartment, being suckered in by him, that's where my job comes in play. I hop off of my bed and throw on my nearest combat boots over my feet. Feeling incredibly rushed, I grab my car keys and cell phone and head for the front door.

Olivia's going to hate me for this now, but one day she'll look back and thank me. Just as she had when I didn't allow her to go crawling back to Tate.

Doing my best to remember how to get to Harry's apartment, I keep my foot pressed hard on the gas petal. My grip on the steering wheel turns my knuckles white. I grit my teeth with anger as I think of the stupid curly-headed jerk that made me even like him. That's incredibly hard to do.

Not only will this be best for Olivia - leaving the jerk in the dust - but I'll be able to release a bit of steam as I let him have it. I never got the chance to chew out Tate, but there's no stopping me once I get my hands on Harry. He's going to regret the day he chose to play games with Olivia.

And if I 'accidentally' kick him where it hurts on my way out... Woops.

I pull into the parking lot of the apartment building finally, after making circles around the neighborhood. All these damn buildings look the same; that's the problem with LA.

Pulling my hair into a quick ponytail to keep it from getting in the way, I bound up the steps to reach Harry's apartment that I dropped Olivia off at before. How different it looks now; all pathetic and sketchy instead of inviting.

I tap my knuckles on the door with ferocity, making them ache in protest. The longer I wait for someone to open the door, the more my anger swells in my chest. I listen closely to see if I can hear Olivia's distinctive voice or laugh.

I bring my fist up to the door to knock loudly once again, not believing the apartment is empty. But as my knuckles make contact with the large door, it swings open to reveal a rather rough looking Harry. He stares at me with eyes full of pain and confusion.

And me being me, instinct takes over before I can even open my mouth to speak words. My fist comes back and then races towards Harry's face, coming in brutal contact with his nose. As he staggers back, his hands flying up to his face, a sense of satisfaction swells over my body. A smile even creeps up onto my lips.