chapter twenty-three // good ol' bonding.

Zayn's POV

It didn't take long for us to grow impatient with Olivia as she fixed her make-up and got ready in the bathroom. She looked pretty a long time ago, yet she kept changing things and being incredibly picky. Girls drive me nuts sometimes...

"Are you almost done?" Niall whines as we all sit outside the bathroom door with our shoes on and ready to go.

We're all still incredibly antsy. Hatred pumps through our veins at Olivia's complete asshole of an ex-boyfriend. What kind of a guy would do that? Just go out there and tell the media complete bullshit? Even if I had a nasty break-up with a girl, I would never do that.

"Almost, give me five more minutes," Olivia calls from the other side of the bathroom door, repeating exactly what she said five minutes ago.

We all let out a collective groan. Liam slides down the wall, landing on his butt wearing a pout making him look even more like a puppy dog.

"That's it!" Louis erupts, opening the bathroom door quickly.

"Hey!" Olivia objects as she adds another bobbypin to her braided bun at the bottom of her head.

Louis doesn't pay her any attention as he bends down and picks her up off the ground, throwing her over his shoulder and carrying her like a bag. Immediately she starts kicking and shouting, trying to wriggle free from Louis' grip. But he wears a determined expression as he carries her out of the bathroom.

Niall and I burst out into laughter as we follow Louis out the door, listening to Olivia's complaints to put her down. Of course Liam follows closely behind Louis, keeping his hands out in case Olivia is dropped.

I lock the apartment behind us as we hurry as fast as we can into Louis' SUV. This is the longest we've stayed in one apartment. Usually the media finds our whereabouts after awhile and we're forced to move. I've grown pretty fond of this little apartment building. It'd be a shame if we had to move.

"It's so funny that going out is equivalent to kidnapping to you guys," Olivia sarcastically remarks as Louis pulls out of the parking lot.

I reach over to pinch her cheeks, making a baby face at her, but she just sends an elbow right to my gut.

"Feisty," I wink at her, making her crack a smile on her serious face.

Louis starts to drive, taking a familiar route. Olivia scrunches her nose as she looks out the window, completely confused as to where we're taking her.

When we knew she needed someone to cheer her up, only one place came to our mind. Plus, we didn't mind spending our free day there either.

I was surprised how badly I felt when Olivia came in crying. She's one of the funniest and nicest girls I know, and she never deserves to be crying ever in life. I thought Harry was being a drama queen when he was telling us about how much of a tool her ex-boyfriend was, but now I see he wasn't at all.

If Olivia weren't here with us, I have no doubt that we'd be scheming up some way to get this Tate fellow back. Who knows, perhaps we still might. Until those magazines are off the shelf, I'm not going to calm down about it.

From deep inside my pocket, I hear my phone going off, ringing Usher loudly into the noisy SUV. Feeling cramped between Niall and Olivia, I do my best to fish it out of my pocket.

HARRY CALLING...

"Hola Mr. Styles," I fake a Spanish accent as Liam turns down the loud music coming from Louis' radio.

"HARRY HELP ME!" Olivia leans over and shouts into the phone, sounding quite believable as a kidnapped victim. I nod my head, impressed and give her a thumbs-up.