"The Request"

I step out of the travel sphere thrilled.

The girl that trembles walks up and touches me tenderly. "Baecrush.. you should rest. Rest now."

That sets off a discussion with the others. Rest outside or inside where there are comfortable things.

That girl whispers "Here. It should be here. Baecrush needs real and full rest."

The others quickly accept and we get curled up near a wall. The reason for the circling is more clear. There are no cloths to hug, so we are hug each other.

Mother was so happy. Happy to have heard the words of a 'path walker'. The girl that trembles is a tortured 'path walker'. Even in sleep, she moves in distressed ways.

Before the sun rises, the others have gotten up. I am left to consider these strange habits. Resting while being on the ground (even on this strange flat and clean floor) is not usual. People rest in light awareness while standing. Standing their entire lives.

There has been some discussion. The 'path walker' girl comes close to hold me at the back and presses her face to my shoulder.

"I am.. sorry. Baecrush. Your Mother. She waited to see you. She was happy to see you. But she finished her path last night."

That was tough to hear. My feet shuddered.

Two other girls took me around the backmost part of a wall.

That thing where an image appeared on the wall happened again. A view from high up. The girls explain. They sent a sphere to collect these images.

Baecrush's mother was being lifted into the air by the 'crush force' of other women. A ball of soil larger than her envelopes the body floating in the air. The soil moves in torrents and then falls down onto the field that she and Baecrush had worked yesterday.

That ritual comforts Baecrush. Returning to the lands.

The sphere returns and the girls encircle me. They had all been born after me. Born to be assistants to something important. Something that required me and my life.

The trembling 'path walker' made the most compelling explanation.

Where they had been earlier. The place known as 'inside'. Was just an experience. A demonstration and maintenance training system.

Baecrush was being asked to enter something much more powerful. She was being requested to go into Pinnacle.

She had been told many things over many years about that mysterious place.

They would assist Baecrush into a small space. She would leave her body behind and enter into Pinnacle with her soul and spirit.

The 'path walker' girl draws close to Baecrush and stares. A questioning look that both implores and wonders.

Baecrush ponders the look on her mother's face from yesterday. 'Her mother was glad she listened to those other path walkers.'

The six girls help Baecrush into a small space on the other side of the building. A semi-transparent bowed cover slides down. It looks a bit like the thing they make the real transport sphere of.

Things go dark.

Baecrush is in a cool dim place where she has no smell sense or crush sense anymore.

Words come from nowhere "Welcome Baecrush. We have been waiting for you."