"Preparation"

The bond servant of the deity hurries back to "Civilization's Edge". He must get something he can use to protect the New Noble household head.

Lack of preparation is never an excuse for this deity.

He is sad of this situation. He is a terrible person to guard someone. Bad eyes and bad skills and not strong at all.

His entire life has been a repeat of one basic instruction. Never deny a deity. Instructions and stories at home and by his tutor were uncountable.

He had to accept the new duty.

When he gets to the deity archive building, the papers get stored. Then he heads over to find three throwing knives.

Samples for instruction. A simple point, heavy handles with a circle at the back. Attack, defense, and throwing with rope at the end.

One is simply poured, one is hammered, only one is sharpened. They will have to do.

He has no rights to go to the armory. He is not qualified in any weapons.

A noise startles him. An elder council woman is close behind him. Too close.

She chuckles "You are running around a lot!"

"Yes, I must get back right away. The deity has made me a guardian."

He shows the new symbol on his neck. It gives the woman pause, so he uses the distraction to sidestep along the cases and rush out.

It puzzles the elder woman. That person would have been the last one to assign any guardian role. The Nobel man would not need protection either.

As she leaves the place, she is watched by a tallish man with a wide boyish build. He hides quickly. That woman is a teaser to men. The wrong move could hurt their chances of a good marriage.