"Confessions And Requests"

The room stays a bit dark and some girls whisper a little.

The one directly behind me places her hands onto mine and lays her head against them.

"I am sorry Baecrush. You do not deserve to wear cloths, you never have. I do. I get so tied that I become immobile.

You would clearly survive. All six of us were born because you were born and showed every promise.

All of this has been prepared by those who can clearly see a future. Not like me. I am sorry."

I had heard of 'path walkers' that have twisted or knotted futures. An occlusion of what will happen because too many futures shift and turn.

"They want you to have children that combine your 'crush' and 'path walking'.

Like us, someone born after they know the attempt is worth trying. Someone like me, a 'path walker'."

I hug her trembling and shaky form for a minute. An odd thing to do. An action of instinct that never appears in our culture. Adults do not hug.

These bodies (in this place) we have are soft and delicate (like babies), it made the urge to hug compelling.

The lights come back on, and they suggest that we go on to 'transport sphere' training.

The sad girl slips herself out of the hug. She smiles at me and then shudders. Some of the other girls help her walk with us.

We enter a large room with semi-transparent large spheres.

One girl jumps into one and rests in place in the middle. "Like us. These are just an experience. But there are real ones. We train with these because these are in infinite supply. It is OK to break these during training."