"Another Substitution"

Two of the shopkeepers closed the stores.

They had watched that woman walk up towards the temple and then came back again too soon. Her mood while walking had been different. Pensive on the first trip, and giddy when she returned.

They knew she was sick from rumors. There are all kinds drug treatments that can cause emotional issues (even when the treatments are taken as planned).

They saw the woman seated on a bench with two older ladies. They smiled, nodded to each other, and returned to their stores. Those two ladies were ideal to help that woman.

It was funny how clear-headed my inner thoughts had become. But my spoken words were jumbled.

"It is so uhm.. wonderful.. so nice.. But the fox spirit... uhm.. kitsune.. says I am on ... uhm. my own."

The two older ladies take me into a public bath. They help me get washed and tell me to follow them to the pool.

I peek around the corner. They left without clothes, so I figured it was a no-clothes pool.

The water was warm and pleasant. I at once sensed something unusual in the water. A thick somewhat milky layer.

The two ladies pushed aside some potted plants at the end of the pool. It showed a tall ceramic statue that was a part of the plumbing.

They both kiss the base of the statue and then have me kiss it.

They lay me on my back in the water. Gently lifting my upper arms on each side and supporting my legs with a knee.

With each breath in I float up and with each exhale I sink. It is a reassuringly tactile experience. The lapping of water.

Adding to that is the odd sense of a second fluid underneath. Giving me a sensation of my soul wafting within this woman's body.

When I close my eyes on sunny day, I can sometimes see a vortex. I can dimly see the spinning of the fluid in the eyeball.

So I wonder if it just a similar effect when I feel the milky energy in the pool begin to swirl.

There is a funny laughter below me. A loud laughter like a cartoon.

A human sized cartoon fox shape jumps through me. Laughing and pushing me downward by his jumping feet.

I am disoriented for a while, but I soon feel the hands of the two women again.

They hold me under water for 30 ticks, I count 60 tick more, I count 90 ticks. I struggle and they bring me out of the water.

They appear the same, but their mood is much different.

One of the ladies appears very mad. Glowering close to face.

"So FOX! Are you going to behave? We need you to take part in a civilized procedure without your usual tricks!"