"New Faces"

Lauren Cooper has been visiting "Civilization's Edge" for several weeks after the cursed obligation bonds overcame her husband.

They are helpful, but only up to a point. Seeming to give half of answer as something she ought to look into herself. When she discovers that a lead is a dead end, they suggest something else.

They do not recommend travel to more populated places. They are consistent (but vague) on that idea.

One day, Lauren arrives to see many new faces.

The seven sisters had moved from the camp in the hills and told all there to decide for themselves what to do.

Some of that camp decided to visit "Civilization's Edge" and the women elders welcomed and evaluated them.

One woman was clearly battle ready. Two swords at reach on her back. Tall, fit and youthful. She is clearly hoping to act as negotiator for the others that arrived.

Lauren hears enough to think all will find space here. The buildings were mostly vacant at the far end.

As they are being shown possible rooms, they get down to the furthest end.

The archivist's new brother-in-law is on the roof moving drying clothes. The gaze of the new warrior woman rises to look on the roof. They stare, struck motionless, for more than just a few seconds.

One of the elder head-women disrupts the gaze and continues showing rooms that are close to the archive building (good for learning social skills).

Lauren notices a glumness to the elder head-woman. Occasionally, looking back to the young man on the roof. She must have had hopes of a marriage for herself.

This new young warrior woman seemed to have caught the young man's attentions.