"Deific Representative"

As I get up, my new spouse tells me some etiquette information.

If we are seated, visitors will stay standing until we invite them to sit. A statement of authority. If we stand, the visitors will sit when we sit.

Single men should not be touched or handled. This one is quite skittish about that. There is someone he has hopes for.

We both stand.

The visitor has a cream cloak that covers the head. Over the shoulder is a case (like a briefcase or painter's mix case.

We all sit down and they pull back the cloak off his head.

He is wearing quite unusual eyeglasses. The frames are made of the kind of iron you see in decorative iron fences. A hinge to the side makes me think they can swap the lenses.

The lenses are only a small change. I can see the eyes. Lightly bloodshot.

The glasses sit high up. This person is probably near sighted from reading.

He opens the case and talks.

"I am the only deific servant in the area of "Civilization's Edge'. As a noble house, it would be easier to join into that place with a deific bound.

I was listening yesterday. You reported that you were not the person who before held your body.

My deity is a specific manifestation of knowledge and preparation with forethought. Even in a small place like we have here, there are four walls of shelves. All kinds of books and teaching materials. "

He puts a hand into the case and pulls out a rolled length of paper. Walking somewhat nea, he on rolls it for me to see.

It shows a man and woman within a gold arch. He looks at it for a second, and whispers 'not again!'

He backs away. Someone swapped my presentation material.

My questioning eyes, induces him to explain.

This shows a man and a woman in a relationship of equality where both have regard for the opinions of each other.

Before he can continue, I tell them how that sounds like the best situation.

The man sits, but I ask to see the paper. The writing is not something I understand.

The man holds up a small rock totem, and points to a dark tattoo on his neck.

The sigil for this deity is two wide eyes, and a body surrounded by protective knowledge or paper with words. If you take this totem, it establishes a base relationship, which would grant you access to visit the archival building for learning.

He slides forward to drop the totem in my hand from several inches above.

It is cute. Like an owl.

He returns to put the papers into the case.

I ask if he has any string, but he does not.

I love learning and reading. The relationship sounds perfect.

I pull three of my longest hairs and twist them together.

I push the 'string of hair' through the sidelong hole in the totem.

Obligation binds the noble husband from saying or doing anything.

The servant of the deity had his back turned and sat down to see what was happening. His fingers flipped up, but yelling 'stop' is not something you do to nobles. He was dumbstruck with his mouth open.

The gaze of the husband and visitor come together for an instant and then goes back to Lauren Cooper.

Each of them wonders when the last time was. When was the last time a deity leveled twenty square miles because of lack of respect and tradition?