"Her Rain"

The night had been long. This joy of having her head on my lap, the longer it drew, the more peace I had.

My family abandoned me here. They walked out the door and left me bound. Tied to the noble role in a place just outside of civilization. Chains to secure my every direction.

Often I had fearsome night thoughts. A young man chained to a rocky place. A huge hungry beast flies down to me. Four feet. Large wings. Face of the largest feline cats.

I fear.

It does not eat me. It surrounds me. Becomes both the creature and my thoughts within.

Us both chained. A creature not fit for civilization and not safe to let free.

Sometimes the dream had a second part.

A part that played in my reverie tonight.

"I was falling and universe wafted by.

I hit her cheek. A glancing blow. A rain drop that first met and kissed her face. Everything of her poured into me.

I bounced broken away in joy.

To find myself (with a splat) landing in her palm. So broken, but happy.

She folds her hands together a bit and runs her palm back over her cheek.

I know rain drops are not sentient. It is a fact of existence unless you are an elemental.

The dichotomy is not important. Having found her, I longer to never leave.

Out of the sky, I fall in bunches.

She smiles at the warm desert rain. A welcoming acceptance. Many times I drop and evaporate in moments.

She laughs at the absurdity of rain in the hot desert. Water that is cool and sweet, but dries off in seconds.

I am not rain drops. I know it. There is something about her. Her nature forces the universe to look, to watch, to draw close.

Water, but no longer drops. I stay. Attracted in adoration."

I hold to the dreamy reverie. Morning brings a visitor, and my obligations make the demands I have no control over.

I must end this nice time. Announce to my head of house, a visitor is coming. A day starts. There will be very little I will do in a day that is my choice.

Maybe again tonight. I will have thoughts of my own. Watching her face as she sleeps.