"No. No. Nevermind"

My foot lands on the first step going up.

The voice of the spirit fox fills me. There is no visible sign of it. Not like before.

"Stop! I will not force you to climb up to me. Not as weak as you are.

This matter is resolved. Just now. As you walked here.

Recently a woman climbed these stairs with a plan of despair. To die by falling down them.

Obviously, I would not allow such a thing in my home.

I possessed her body and gave her a new purpose. With another virgin human, I achieved a pregnancy in her.

I admit my own ill formed desires were at work. It pleased me to be part of conception of new life.

It had the effect I wanted on the woman.

That woman had been in love with someone that was not obtainable. The target of her affections would now die of sickness. It was so sad in that human way.

Just today, something freed the soul of that person from the body.

The soul and spirits of the two were incredibly harmonious. They intertwined together up here on my temple home.

It drew the soul of the sick woman into the new life carried by the woman. A rare trick of timing. Where a soul can fill the forming life before a soul starts to grow.

They are both elated by this. An extension of their lives together to become mother and daughter.

A daughter that remembers the past life. Knowing her mother always loved here more than anything else in the world.

Still, I have become too tied up with humans. I am happy to see this. But you. You will need to make your own way."

In those words, a sweeping joy fills me. I played a part. That beautiful thing that happened. It would only happen because I knocked the other soul out of her body.

I step back and find myself a seat. There is a clearing of my head. The spirit fox energy departing from me.

It is just so beautiful.

So lovely to imagine.

I hear insects nearby that I was not hearing before.

How nice.