"Explorative Exposition"

This blind date was really something. A pleasantly nice looking man (wearing a buttoned, sweater-vest that actually did not look like something from earlier decades). No hint of hipster style. Cleanly shaven.

We had a very light meal at an outdoor table during a pleasant evening.

I invited him back to my place where we had light drinks on the couch.

He is nothing like the high achieving alpha-males that often catch my eye.

I tell him to do something I am not expecting him to do. A little test to find out what he is like, and what he thinks of me.

His voice changed to a deeply dulcet whisper, and he lifted fingertips to my ear. Sometimes three fingers and sometimes just one.

He tells me how the ears are under appreciated. Things of variety and beauty. Framed by hair and adorned with jewels. The irises of eyes are more appealing, but you can only see them.

Taking a single finger behind my ear, he tells me that this protected place keeps the skin tender. Not a place to move fast.

Like an open watery glade found while walking out of a rain forest canopy. A place to rest and enjoy. Moving no faster that a single oar could take you.

Then climbing up the back of ear like walking up a mountain path. The top of the ear is a wonderful thing.

Like finding those high vista villages where people have colorful clothes. Often seen in pictures but rarely visited. You would not want to visit it like it was a well travelled museum. Rushing to see the four famous pieces. You would want to visit slowly. Let the natives regard you and reflect on the odd world that brings so many from faraway places to see them.

Falling down from those delightful heights, the neck is a supple and wide open place. Discerning eyes can see the pulses course onward.

It is a place that compels adoration. Like a river delta that pours out onto tranquil glittering seas.

That was when I put a finger to his lips.

The alpha-male types I know would have taken my hand and gently conveyed that they would not be directed so easily.

He was the model of grace.

"I understand. A 11 course meal can be a thing that can be daunting to even think about. Taking one delight at a time affords days to consider it for all the nuances."

I led him to the door and opened it.

Pushing him lightly to the door frame, I kiss him on the neck behind the ear. Then another light kiss on his lips.

I push him out the door, and shove it closed. I think he made a slight bow, but I was too preoccupied to be sure.

I fell back against my closed door. Grateful that I had gone back to the spa for the beauty works. We had already exchanged our contact info earlier tonight.

That succubae was definitely right. It really pays to put yourself out there every now and then.