48.

DEMI P.O.V.: we had lunch talking with my parents and some cousins, even Joe talked with them a lot. It didn't surprise me at all tho, cause I knew he is very outgoing.

After lunch, everyone sat outside the room in another long tables for about 15 people and Joe and I sat with my cousins.

Demi: you want some coffee? (I asked him when I saw my aunts making coffee inside the room while talking and laughing)

Joe: uh sure

Demi: I'll go get some, stay here

Joe: kay (I left him there and went into the room again watching him talk with my cousin and laugh as I waited for my aunt to give me our coffees)

Kathy: he's pretty handsome (my aunt said to me while giving me my coffee and smiled nodding)

Demi: we're just friends tho

Kathy: really? (I nodded) he's one of the Jonas Brothers, right?

Demi: yea, he is

Kathy: is him the one you dated when you were like, I don't know, 15? (I chuckled and opened my mouth to talk but my other aunt was faster)

Julie: yes, he is...I think, cause I remember there was another one too, with curly hair, wasn't that one?

Demi: well-

Dianna: oh no, that was Nick, this is Joe, Nick's his younger brother. They were best friends around that time

Kathy: you're not friends with his brother anymore?

Demi: yes, I am. And this is Joe, the one I dated when I was 17 years old, you get it? I was 17

Kathy and Julie: ohh (I smiled at them)

Kathy: why are you not dating him? He's a hottie (I laughed and shook my head)

Demi: I don't know, we've already closed that chapter of our lifes a long time ago 

Julie: you did? Cause I saw how he looked at you through the whole launch (I rolled my eyes)

Demi: stop trying to read into unreal things

Julie: why don't you wanna admit you guys are dating? Does mom not approve? (I glared at her)

Dianna: oh no, of course I do, he's very kind

Demi: and even if she didn't approve, I'm grown up, I can decide for myself (they shrugged and Julie and my mom continued talking about other things while I glanced at Joe grabbing our coffees)

Kathy: if there's a slight chance that he still feels something for you, I would go for it. He seems very comfortable with the family...and that's not something easy to find, we're a little crazy (I smiled at my aunt and she winked at me before leaving)

I chowed down on my lower lip and decided to erase the thoughts I was getting and going back to where I was.

Demi: I'm back

Joe: hey, did something happen? You stayed there for like 15 minutes

Demi: oh, just chit chatting (I sat next to him and we both started to drink our coffee while talking with my family. My cousins left an hour later and the sun started to go down)

We were now listening to my grandma's stories and sitting on the same couch when I shivered cause it was cold.

Joe: I told ya you would be cold (he said not looking at me and I shook my head)

Demi: I'm not (he sighed and wrapped the jacket he wasn't wearing around me) Joe-

Joe: shut up, I won't let you catch a cold (I smiled and he smiled back at me)

Demi: thank you