27.

JOE P.O.V.: I was feeling better so I walked with Demi to the kitchen and she decided to make us some vegetable soup while we listened to the radio.

Demi: oh, turn the volume up please (I smiled and did it as the whole house got filled with Camila and Shawn's song "Señorita") locked in the hotel, there's just some things that never changes, you say we're just friends but friends don't know the way you taste la la la (she sang and winked at me making me smile at her)

Joe: oh when your lips undress me, hooked on your tongue, oh girl your kiss is deathly don't stop

Demi: I love it when you call me señorita (she sang cooking and I walked to where she was and wrapped my arm around her neck to kiss her cheek) what's that?

Joe: I don't know...you're always so kind and nice with me (she smiled at me and shrugged)

Demi: we're best friends, I have to do it (I chuckled and spoon her around while the song finished)

Joe: do you need help señorita? (I asked her and she laughed out loud) hey, I have a really good spanish

Demi: what? You suck at it (I laughed and stuck my tongue at her)

Joe: at least I try

Demi: oh shut up...I'm amazing at spanish

Joe: you dated a latin boy for 6 years, this is kind of unfair

Demi: he's one of your closest friends anyway so it's not unfair, you just suck at it (we laughed)

Joe: whatever Lovato

Demi: soup is ready...help me with the dishes?

Joe: sure (I fixed the breakfast counter and she gave us both our soup)

Demi: try it

Joe: I don't wanna die too young (her jaw dropped and she shook her head trying to stop herself from smiling)

Demi: fucking bulshit Joseph (I smiled big and tried the soup) and?

Joe: it's not that bad I guess (I said even tho it was delicious and she smiled proudly)

Demi: I know...I made it. It's actually really delicious but you won't ever admit that to me (I chuckled)

Joe: you got a point

We had dinner watching a movie and we headed to my room after it. We both got under the covers and she sat so I hugged her leg like I've always done since I know her. I felt a light on the back of my neck but I didn't need to turn around cause my phone buzzed confirming what I thought.

Ddlovato instastory

This is what our friendship's all about...too much love @joejonas. I know I'm incredible but c'mon 😜

I smiled up at her and turned around so I was looking at her face now but still with my head on her lap.

Joe: thank you for taking care of me

Demi: you did it for me the other day when I had a bad day (I nodded and she kissed my forehead before laying her back on the bed) I wanna sleep

Joe: sure miss (I laid beside her and turned the lights off) goodnight

Demi: goodnight

I woke up some time later freezing and with my body really warm. I knew I was having fever again cause I felt Demi's hand on my forehead.

Demi: shit, you have fever Joe (she turned her light on and handled me a pill and water. She helped me to drink it and left the things on the bedside table again before looking down at me) you wanna take a shower? Maybe it would make you feel better

I was half conscious, half delirious so I just held her hand.

Joe: no, just come here

Demi: where? (I opened my arm and she laid her head on my shoulder. I hugged her instantly and kissed her head softly) Joe, you need space to heal

Joe: shh...don't worry. I'll be fine if you stay there with me (she turned her light off and I fell asleep instantly)