Do You Love Food More than Me?

"Oh Lee, dinner was amazing. Thank you so much." Rory said as she wiped her mouth with her napkin leaving red lipstick on it.

"It was my pleasure, and I have something else for us to do."

"Really? What are you going to surprise me with this time?" Rory leaned forward almost challenging the young man in front of her.

"Well I was thinking that we could go get some pastries at this good French bakery I know of, rent a movie, and uh head back somewhere to watch it." He sat back in his chair with a cheeky grin across his face.

"We could go to my place and watch it." Rory offered eager to get the French pastries that Lee had mentioned.

"Sounds good, let's go." He grabbed her hand and they left. "Cab or walk?"

"Walk, it's a beautiful night."
"You sure are." He smiled at her.

"Come on you big dork you." She wrapped her arm around his.

***********************

"Oh my gosh, those pastries look divine." She said sitting on her couch as Lee opened the box and the movie started.

"Trust me they're one hundred times better." He handed her a small cream puff with chocolate drizzled on the top. She took a bite and closed her eyes savoring the food.

"It's good isn't it?" He took a bite of an eclair.

"It's amazing." She said with mouth half full of cream puff. "What movie do you want to watch?" Pulling up Netflix.

"I'm up for whatever." He said sitting back and putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Whatever?"

"Whatever. It's your Netflix anyway."

"True. Okay then what about The Fall?"

"Oh wow.. One of my own pieces of work interesting. If that's what you want to watch we can." He said smiling at her.

"It's my favorite, I love it and food."
"Do you love food more than me?" Lee asked quietly.

"What?"

"Do you love food more than me?"
"I thought that's what you said."

"Well what's the answer?"

"No, I believe I love you more. Even though this was only our first date." She winked at him.

"But the first date is where all the magic happens." He leaned in close to her.

"I just want to be friends," she put a finger on his lips. He looked rejected and slightly embarrassed. "With a little extra, also I love you." She grabbed his neck and kissed him. His eyes opened wide in surprise but he soon fell into rhythm.

"Wow, I think we can be friends with a little extra. Yeah I can do that."

"Just shut up." She kissed him again smiling.

"Whatever you want Rory, it's nobody baby but you and me."