Baby Bump

Lee opened the door for Rory, his hand resting on the small of her back. Now sporting a bump proudly Rory smiled at the gentlemanly gesture made by her husband. The air conditioned store was a heavenly for Rory, the summer heat not making pregnancy easy.

"God bless the inventor of an A/C unit." She said quietly.

"What was that?" Lee leaned down unable to hear what she said in the loud baby store.

"I said God bless the inventor of an A/C unit" she said louder causing a few people to turn their heads.

"Oh I know right. I'm not pregnant but boy is it rough out there."

"Well I would hope that you're not pregnant, cause if you were we'd have to have a conversation." Rory tried to maintain a serious face to insinuate the intensity of the issue.

"You're so funny." He faked laughed.

"I know I am." She smiled pecking him.

"Not in public! Gosh you're trying to embarrass me or something." Lee gasped with a quick swipe to his mouth to rub off the lipstick stain.

"You want to be embarrassed? I can do that." Rory had a wild grin on her face and Lee became worried.

"If you pretend like your water has broken again I won't speak to you." He said with a serious face.

"I wouldn't do that. And plus you know that isn't true." She laughed at his face.

"What isn't true?"

"You would still talk to me." She rested her chin on his chest trying to get as close to him as possible with her belly in the way.

"Are you trying to impale me with our munchkin?" He rubbed his lower stomach from where she had pushed against him.

"Maybe... If you call her a munchkin again I will." Rory pushed past Lee to grab a dress. "Look how cute it is!!!" She squealed. The pink glittery dress was tiny in Lee's large hands. He smiled at it, his fingers tracing over the embroidered birds on it.

"Can I get it for her please??" Rory bounced on her heels excitedly.

"Of course dear. When I have I ever said no to baby clothes?" He carried the dress for her.

"Well....."

"Don't answer that, I'll just feel bad about it." Lee pushed through racks of clothes looking for something special.

"Excuse me, are you Lee Pace?"

"Yes I am. What can I do for you?" Lee flashed a smile and turned to the small teenage girl.

"Why are you in a baby store?" She asked blankly. Lee blinked a few times at the lifelessness in the question.

"Well I'm shopping here with my wife, Aurora, why are you here?" He asked with a playful nudge.

"Shopping for my baby." She tucked her head down. Lee looked her up and down. This girl was way too young to be having a kid.

"Oh.... Uh.. Wanna talk about it?" Lee suggested. Rory noticed him talking to the shy girl and headed their way.

"Yes please! Oh gosh I just need someone to help me." She sobbed falling into Lee. He was shocked at first but he soon put a hand on her back.

"What's going on?" Rory asked soothingly.

"How about we pay for the stuff and then go somewhere more private?" Lee asked noticing staring people and whispers being passed around. He didn't mind it, he didn't even care if it was in the news, he just didn't want this poor girl to be humiliated.

"That would be nice." The girl sniffed leaning on Rory who rubbed her arm.

"Give me your stuff...." He stopped not knowing her name.

"Karley. Karley Osei."

"Okay Karley, I'll pay for it all and then meet you guys in the car." He took her small collection of items and looked for a short line. Today was going to be interesting.