Hooked On A Feeling

Rory got home and ran to the CD player.

"Um, hi?" Lee said with his arms stretched out for a hug.

"Hi." Rory pecked his lips and then ran back to the CD player.

"Whatever has you all rushed like this better be freakin worth it cause that was not a hello kiss. You've been gone all day and all I get is a peck? Now that isn't right. I'm getting short changed here." Lee pouted like a 5 year old and crossed his arms across his chest.

"It is worth it." You popped in the CD and blasted the music. The beginning of Hooked On A Feeling by Blue Swede started playing.

"Oh heck yes it's worth it." Lee started jamming to the music, Rory soon joining him as the two of them made it to the middle of the living room.

"I guess dancing is our thing now." Rory said above the music.

"That's fine with me!" Lee said as the song ended and Go All the Way by The Raspberries started. "You didn't"

"I did. I got the Awesome Mix Vol. 1" Rory grinned wildly. "That's why I was so excited to get home."

"Well now, that simple peck is somewhat forgiven because you have to play awesome songs like that. Plus I was in the movie so," Lee wrapped his arm around her and they swayed to the music.

"Wow you sure are humble. I'm sure you're the most humble person you know." She kissed his jaw.

"Definitely in the top 5." Lee smirked and they danced to every song on the CD.

"I'm glad we have the same appreciation for music." Rory said flopping on the couch. "I don't think I could live if you didn't at least have a small obsession with Journey or Bon Jovi, I'm talking even the size of a seed."

"Well aren't you a lucky girl?" Lee picked up his small wife and carried her to the bedroom.

"Lee, what are you doing?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, your birthday is in exactly 4 days. So I'm giving you 4 days of presents." He went to the closet and pulled out a box. "Day 1, present 1."

The box was about size of his palm and it was silver, black ribbon was tied in a bow around it.

"Lee--"

"Open it." He smiled down at her sitting on the bed, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

She cracked the lid of the box and there was a small antique key sitting on the velvety pillowed interior.

"What is this for?" She asked smiling but confused.

"It's a key that belongs to me, but now I'm giving it to you." Lee's face was about to explode with how much he was smiling.

"Yes, I know it's a key, what does the key go to?" Rory asked turning the iron piece over in her hands. Lee took her wrist in his grasp and she stood.

"Here." His hand placed hers on his left pec, she could feel the pounding of his heart on the palm of her hand. Her husbands beating heart that was hers.
"I know it would've made more sense to give you the key when we were first married. But, I didn't, I'm not really sure why. Anyways, it's the key to my heart, and I want you to have it. Forever." Lee's thumb brushed over Rory's cheek swiping away a tear.

"Lee, that was one of the most beautiful gifts you've given me. The others were being my husband and giving me a beautiful daughter. But this, this is wonderful. Thank you." She hugged him tightly and took deep breaths to breathe in his aftershave. It filled her nose and curled around inside of her, warming her up, making her feel happy.

The two of them stood in each others embrace for a while. Relishing in each other.

"How about we dance some more?"

"Yes please." Rory giggled as Lee blasted Sugar by Maroon 5.