Chapter twenty one

Lena's POV

I snuck in and out of everyone's rooms, leaving them their respective notes. Liam wanted me out by tomorrow? I'd be gone by the time he woke up. By the time any of them woke up.

I'd already decided I wouldn't need to take all the boxes Liam had packed. I was packing a duffel bag, stuffing it full of both clothes for Stacey and myself. Once I insured that I was ready to go I'd started writing the notes. Those would be all they had after I was gone. Because I wasn't coming back.

I finally made it to Harrys room. He was sleeping so peacefully, with his hand on his phone. I knew he was waiting for me to call. What he didn't know is that I never would. I placed the note for him-the longest one-on his nightstand. I leaned down and kissed his lips very lightly. He stirred but didn't wake up.

"Lena," he mumbled.

I choked back a sob as I walked out his door, went downstairs, and left the apartment. I knew one day I would leave this apartment and be on my own. But I never imagined I'd ever walk away for good.

***

I found the apartment easily. I'd already been there once, after all. I made it to the door and took a deep breath. I wiped the tears off my face and tried to compose myself. Then I knocked.

The door opened and there was the person I was looking for.

He gave me a surprised look. "Lena?"

All control I had over myself vanished and a sob tore through my body.

"I-I didn't know where else to go." I sobbed.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's okay. You can stay here." He said, pulling me into his arms. He was strong. I felt comforted in a way that I hadn't in a long time.

"Thank you." I said.

"Anytime, love." Luke said. "Anytime.

Lottie's POV

I woke up to the sun shining brightly through my window. I was hopeful that maybe Lena and Liam had worked out their differences. Kathryn came home last night and we talked about it, saying those two needed to stop acting like enemies.

"Well, I'll tell you one thing." Kathryn had said. "I'm in for it when she's done with Liam."

I caught a glance of something white on my dresser. Frowning, I picked it up.

Lottie,

If you haven't figured out by now, Liam kicked me out. Don't bother looking for me, I'm not gonna be anywhere near you guys come tomorrow. Let me just say that even though we weren't friends for very long, I love you. You were always smart and down to earth and always there for me. I can't thank you enough for that. Take care of Louis for me. I love you, Lottie.

-Lena

Louis' POV

I woke up to the sound of my door opening. "Louis! Get up!" Lottie cried.

I sat up. "What's wrong?" I asked.

My sister was searching my dresser. When she found nothing, she looked to my nightstand. "There!" She exclaimed.

I looked over and saw a white piece of paper there.

Louis,

If you don't know it yet, Liam kicked me out. I won't be anywhere near you guys by the time you read this. Lou, I just want to tell you that I love you so much. I don't know what I'm going to do without you saying we're married. I'll miss you so much. You be good, okay? Don't do anything stupid. Thank you so much for protecting me and loving me. This past year would've sucked without you. Love you, Lou.