34: All Ends Have A Beginning

{Dave's P.O.V:

I need answers...ain't no way in hell this man is standing right in front of me. Maybe I'm trippin'...yeah that's it I'm buggin the fuck out right now cuz ain't no way I'm seeing this nigga.

Zoey smiled and tried to run off to him but I quickly grabbed her.
I knew something was off.

"So you not gonna greet me Dave? Hey babygirl I haven't seen you in a while"

I clapped back "Nigga Don't Talk To Her!"

"Why not?" He began to smirk, "So Kandice was right, you did take her...you kidnapping kids now Dave? Come on I thought you were better than this"

"I got consent from her mothe-"

He quickly cut me off "Oh you got permission to kidnap an innocent child?"

"No don't twist my fucking words!"

"Uncle D stop cursing" Zoey whined.

I sighed "I'm sorry I'm just frustrated..."

"Dave do you know where Chris is? I need to surprise him and tell him about a few things...it's been a while since I've seen him"

I grabbed Zoeys hand and I started walking away from him.
I had to hurry and see Zara, something in my gut wasn't sitting well with me.

Surprisingly he didn't follow me but I know that he was gonna call Kandice.
I knew something wasn't right when I went to Zara's house earlier.

And I knew those voices sounded familiar when I heard them arguing. It was him and Kandice, I started to put two and two together.
They was at Zara's house trying to find me because Kandice knew I had Zoey. Kandice bitch ass mother snitched on me.

I gotta get to Zara fast.

When I got in the car I made sure Zoey was secure in the backseat before driving off.

Then as I was driving I hurried and called the hospital that Zara was at.

[Phone Convo:

[HR(Hospital Receptionist)]

HR- Hello this is Janice the receptionist at Lexington Memorial Hospital, how may I assist you today?

Dave- Hi I'm David Brewster, I'm calling just to check up on one of the patients their...I just want to know if she's alright ?

HR- Whats the patient's first and last name?

Dave- Zara Thomas, I was actually at the hospital earlier with her daughter, I just want to know if she's ok

HR- I'm pretty sure she's in good hands

Dave- Can You Please Check On Her?! It's An Emergency!

HR- Sir can you please calm down, I'll send a nurse to go and check on her if that will make you happy?

Dave- Please

HR- Okay please hold

[End Of Phone Convo]

This bitch really hung up in my face! I swear people are rude as fuck.

"Uncle D is something wrong with mommy?"

I could tell by the tone in her voice that she was worried so I tried calming her down "Everything is fine, I just need to see her that's all..."

"You promise?"