9: Time

*2 weeks later*

{Monica's P.O.V:

Times like this it's best to stay to yourself. I decided it would be best for me if I'd keep my distance from Chris. I haven't spoken to him since the night I left. Of course he's left countless messages but I never replied. Probably once in a while I'll have Shawn check on him for me just so that I know that he's ok. At first Chris wasn't but now he's back to normal I guess.

Since I knew that he had work today I decided to stop by and bring him some lunch since he was about to go on his lunch break.
I walked in the building and went through security then I made my way to the elevator.

When I got to his floor I grew a little nervous but I tightened up. I walked straight to his office and knocked on the door.

Then I heard his raspy voice respond "Come In"

I opened the door and I noticed he was getting something from out of his file cabinet.

I walked closer to him and said "I hope you're not too busy... I just came to bring you some lunch"

Chris turned around and his eyes lit up with excitement. Then he snatched me up and hugged me.

"Hey beautiful I haven't seen you in forever, how you been? How's the baby?"

I smiled "Me and our baby are fine, how are you?"

"I mean I'm living" he joked, "I'm just happy to finally see you after almost 2 weeks"

"Yeah....can you let me go now, you're kind of squeezing me too tight"

Chris let me go and began to laugh nervously "Oh my bad, I just missed your touch. But what did you bring me to eat?"

I held the bad up "I only got you the Four Cheese Mac&Cheese with the Honey Pepper Chicken Wings from Applebee's and I got you a strawberry lemonade"

He took the bag of food out of my hand and then he pecked my lips "Thank you babygirl"

"You're welcome"

"What's in the other bag? Your lunch?"

I nodded "Yeah, I figured you didn't want to eat alone...besides I wanted to eat and talk to you because we haven't really communicated in a while"

"Of course, let me grab that for you just sit down and get comfortable"

Chris grabbed the other bag from my hand and I sat at the chair by his desk. He took the food out of the bags and placed them on his desk.
After that he sat across from me and we started to eat our food.

"I have a doctors appointment next Wednesday at 11:15 I wanted to know if you were going to be able to make it"

Chris sipped on his drink then nodded "Of course I'll make it. I'm not missing it for the world"

"...Did you um, find out if that girl is actually pregnant?"

Chris let out a loud sigh "She's pregnant"

"Do you know if it's really yours?"

He nodded "Yeah we never used protection...I really messed up Mo"

"It's fine, I just want you to be there for both of ours babies when they get here"

"You're not mad?"

I put my fork down and looked directly into Chris eyes "Of course I'm upset but I'm just trying to not let it get to me right now. This whole pregnancy I just want to be stress free"