32: Love Over Lies

{Zara's P.O.V:

I'm not the crazy one....yes I can be a bitch but I'm not crazy. There's so much I want to say to Chris but I'm holding it back, I'm honestly scared of what he might do to me if I came clean and told him everything.
Yes, I know he's with Kandice and he loves her but I know my boundaries.

Even though I got strong feelings for Chris I'm not gonna show it.

To be honest I'm somewhat lying. I can't forgive Chris for what he did to me, but I would be a hypocrite to judge when I was the one who started the whole situation.

It's honestly best for me to stay away from him and Kandice sneaky ass.

If I told Chris about her, he'd probably wouldn't believe me.

Why?

Because he's so fucking stupid! He's oblivious to every fucking thing. But I'm gonna let him do him.

Anyways I spent the night at the hospital, luckily I survived three stab wounds and a fractured rib.

The doctor was surprised that I pushed through because I lost a lot of blood, he honestly thought I wouldn't make it due to my conditions.

Him and a couple of the nurses kept asking who did this to me but I didn't answer them.

I wasn't gonna risk my life even more just by snitching. Plus Chris has two kids who really need him, I couldn't just rat him out like that knowing what he did for me and my family.

I wanted to leave the hospital but I was told that I'll be here for a few days which is completely understandable.
Personally I didn't want to stay because I wanted to be with my daughter.

She is the only thing that actually matters in my life.

"Ms.Thomas?"

I turned to see one of the nurses standing by the door "Yes?"

"How are you feeling this morning? Are you alright?"

I smiled trying to hide my excruciating pain "I'm fine, do you guys have a phone? I need to call someone"

The nurse took out a phone from her pocket and handed it to me "Here just use mine. I know we're not supposed to use them in this area but here...I'll be outside if you need me."

"Thank you so much"

"No problem sweetheart"

After she left I quickly called the only person I knew who would help me and understand this messy ass situation.

[Phone Convo:

Zara-Hello Dave?

Dave-Yeah? Who dis?

Zara-It's me Zara, can you do me a huge favor?

Dave-Depends on what it is...

Zara-Can you pick my daughter up from Kandice momma house?

Dave-What she doing over there? I never knew that you and Kand was close like that

Zara-David please, I just need this one favor

Dave-I mean of course I'll do it but why can't you go and pick her up? Aren't you her mother?

Zara-I'm in the hospital over on Lexington...I'll explain a little bit later about what happened