Sixty-Five

Damon

I lay on the cold floor. Everywhere around me are bars. Nothing but bars. How did I end up here again? Right, because I was stupid and went looking for doctor Martin by myself. Well, I got what I deserved... I am back in a cell.

One thing that keeps me alive, is the fact that Abby isn't here. Abby is safe at home. Yes, she is with freaking Luke, but at least she is safe. The last time, she helped me through it all. She made sure I didn't flip my switch, even though I don't even know if she knows I have one.

An other thing that keeps me alive, is the fact that Bonnie knows where I am. At least, if I am still in that same building as where I found Katherine. If I am not, nobody knows where I am. If nobody knows where I am, it will take a hell of a lot longer to be found, because I am not in the same place as last time.

I hope Abby notices I am gone. She must notice! If she does notice, she can go to Bonnie and they can find me. Yes, Abby will notice. She will alarm everyone and they will find me.

The door opens. "Good morning, Damon," doctor Martin says. Man, I am so done with him! He is a little too smart. He knows exactly what to do to keep me down and make sure I can't kill him. I hate it!

"Today, I have a special offer for you," he says. "Can I say no?" I ask him. He just laughs, "yes, you can, but you won't, trust me." I get interested. "Go on," I say. "So, last time I told you about the cure to vampirism. It is a lovely liquid found by some professors a long long time ago," he says.

"So?" I ask, already getting annoyed. "They didn't have much of the liquid, so they gave every one of them some of it. So, if the time would come and they would turn into a vampire, they could cure themselves," he tells me. I don't understand why he tells me this. If this happened a long time ago, what does it has to do with me?

"Everyone of them, put their liquid in a necklace. As you know, one of these necklaces was in my possession. I gave Abby what was inside of it," he says. "Yes and then you got if out of her," I say. "Exactly," he says, "sadly, I tested it on somebody else, but that person ran away before I could take it out of him. Which means that he ran away with the cure and I don't have it anymore."

I roll my eyes, "just get to the point." Doctor Martin smiles. "Sure. I want to use that cure on you," he says. "But you don't have it anymore," I tell him. Okay, I just said that this guy is smart, why does he act so stupid now?

"Not that one, I don't," he says, "so I need a new one." I sigh, "not my problem." He laughs again, "well, actually it is. Because you are gonna get me a new one." I lift my eyebrow. "No, I am not," I tell him. "Yes, you will," he says, "see, one of the other necklaces is in possession of the Gilberts. But you are gonna bring that to me."

Then I realise something. "Wait, you are gonna let me go?" I ask. Doctor Martin grins and crosses his arms. "Yes, I will, but you will come back to me," he says. It's my turn to laugh. "I will only come back to kill you," I tell him. "No, you won't," he says, "because I will inject you with a virus. This virus will kill you in 48 hours without the antidote."

I narrow my eyes. "What if I decide to come back with some friends who will kill you right after you gave me the antidote?" I ask him. "Well, that is the fun part, at least for me," he says, "if you decide to do that, I told Katherine to kill every single one of your friends. Starting with Abby."

My blood burns up. "No, she won't," I say. Doctor Martin laughs, "yes, she will. She was really excited when I told her." I stand up and try to reach him. "I will kill you!" I tell him. "Go ahead. Katherine will be happy to kill Abby," he says.

I try to think of something to say to him, but I can't think of something. Dangit! This dude is smart!

"So here is our deal," he says, "I'll let you go, you get me the cure and I will give you the antidote." I sigh and look at him. "But if I get back here, Abby will stay safe," I tell him. "Let me make this clear: you will tell anyone who asks that you will leave town. Nobody will search for you so nobody will get hurt," he says, "But don't try anything, I have eyes and ears everywhere."