Seventy-Eight

Abby

I open my eyes. Not a lot of light is in my room, what tells me it is still early. I look around in my room and see Damon, sleeping on a bed on the other side of the room. He wanted a bed next to mine, but the doctors didn't allow that. I need my space, they said. Well, not when it's about Damon. 

I turn around and reach for my phone on my night stand. I grab it and unlock it. I see I have a few texts. One from Elena, one from Jeremy and one from... Luke. I decide to open Elena's first.

Elena: Hey Abby. Today Stefan and I will go to Liz. She may have found something about your cancer. We will be with you in the afternoon! Love you <3

I send her a quick thank you and love you and open Jeremy's text.

Jeremy: Hey sis! Elena forced me to go to school, so I will. Luckily it is a pretty short day, so I will be with you around 2. Good luck today!

I thank him and wish him a good day. Then I open Luke's text. I feel a bit nervous about it. I know Luke likes me and I know he hates the fact he is not allowed to visit me. I wouldn't mind him to come over, but I know Damon would. I know he has a hard time and I don't want him to have to deal with Luke as well.

Luke: Hey Abby! How are you doing? I hope you get a little better every day. My thoughts are with you. I hope to see you soon! <3

"He didn't have to send you that heart." I scare and jump up. I turn around and see Damon sitting next to me with a grin on his face. "Good morning to you too," he smiles.

I catch my breathe and slap his shoulder playfully. "Don't scare me like that!" I say, but I can't keep myself from laughing. "Did I scare you? Were you into that message so much?" He asks with a grin. He knows damn well he can be extremely quiet if he wants to be.

I just roll my eyes and look back at my phone. "But, seriously, he didn't have to send you a heart," Damon says. I smile at him, "He is just being friendly." "A little too friendly," Damon says. I roll my eyes and start to text Luke back.

Me: Hey Luke. Thank you. I am not feeling that great yet, but I will be there. Have a good day.

I doubt to put a little heart behind it, but Damon seems to read my thoughts. "Don't you dare add something to it. Just send it like this," he says, "or even erase the 'have a good day'." I roll my eyes and send the message. I agree with him on not sending Luke a heart - even tho we are just friends - but I will not send him a short and unpersonal message. 

I put my phone away and turn around to Damon. "Happy now?" He asks. I smile and move my hand to his cheek. I lean in and kiss his lips. "I love you," I tell him. Damon looks into my eyes and smiles wide. "I love you too," he says. He kisses me again, but this time he opens his mouth.

I open mine and feel our tongues dance together. Fireworks seem to explode in my belly when Damon climbs on my bed and pushes me to lay down. He lays on top of me and keeps kissing me. His lips move from mine and move to my neck. I lift my head to give him space and feel my entire body starts to shake when he starts to suck on my skin.

Damon lets go and moves back to face me. He grins proudly when our eyes meet again. "Are you proud of yourself?" I ask him. Damon grins even more and nods. "I really am," he says and kisses me again.

An hour later, Damon and I sit on my bed. I just finished my breakfast and wait for the doctor to get me for my next tests. I start to get really tired of all these tests. I never hear the results and never even understand where these tests are for. 

But they seem to be really necessary. Damon even compelled a few doctors and they all said the tests are important for me to get better. So we just have to deal with them, I assume.