Fifty-Eight

Abby

Damon walks back into the room. In both hands he holds a cup of coffee. He walks back to my bed and hands one cup of coffee to Jeremy. Jeremy takes it and smiles, "thanks."

Damon takes a seat in the chair and sighs. "So, I called Stefan. He, Elena, Jenna and Alaric are on their way here," he says. I smile wide. "That's amazing," I say.

Damon smiles back at me and takes a sip of his coffee. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" He asks. I shake my head. "I am good, thanks," I tell him. "Really? Not even a sip of my blood? Maybe it helps," he says.

"That's not a bad idea," Jeremy says. I look back at him. His eyes are filled with hope. "You know what? You're right," I say.

Damon puts his coffee on a small table and stands up. His eyes go red and his fangs come out. He brings his arm to his face and bites his wrist open. I already see a drop of his blood falling down.

He takes a step closer to me and brings his arm to my face. I take a breath and grab his arm with both hands. I feel my body starts to shake as I bring his wrist to my mouth.

I put my mouth over his bleeding wrist and start to drink his blood. Damon puts his other hand on my head and pets my hair to comfort me.

I take a few sips of his blood and let go of his arm. Damon takes a step back and smiles at me. I take a few breaths. I didn't even notice I was nearly out of breath.

When I look at Damon, I see he breathes quick as well. If I didn't know better, I would think he is turned on right now.

Damon reaches out to me and grabs my hand. "Sorry, that really turns me on," he says. Oh, it actually turns him on... I have to admit, that makes me a little uncomfortable.

I look at Jeremy, who sits in the chair again. I didn't even notice he left the bed. I see how he tries to cover his face in his hands. He must be uncomfortable by what he just witnessed or maybe by what Damon just said.

The door of my room opens. I look over to it and immediately feel less uncomfortable when I see Elena running towards me. I sit up quickly and open my arms for her.

She opens her arms for me and hugs me tight. "Thank god," I hear her say. I know by her shocking shoulders and her broken voice that she is crying. I feel like I haven't stopped since I opened my eyes, but again I feel tears running down my eyes.

When I let go of Elena, Jenna walks towards me. We hug each other tight. Jenna pets my back and I can tell she is ready to cry as well. "I am so glad to hold you again," she says. "Me too," I tell her.

Then I open my arms for Alaric. I can see he tries to be tough, but he is ready to cry as well. "Glad to have you back," he says. I just hold him tight and enjoy the feeling of his hug. I don't know why, but his hugs are amazing!

Then Stefan walks towards me. I am not gonna lie, I feel a little uncomfortable hugging him. The last time I saw him, he killed Damon because he didn't want me and Damon to be together.

Still, I hug Stefan tight. The last memory of him may be bad, but I know he was there for me before then.

When I let go of him, I actually want to hug everybody all over again. "Thank you for coming here," I say with tears all over my face. They all smile. "Of course," Elena says.

Damon still stands by my side. He puts his hand on my shoulder to comfort me. I look back at him and smile thankfully.

"Let me just hug you again," Elena says and walks back to me. She hugs me again and I swear I feel how her hand removes Damon's off my shoulder.