Five

Abby

"There you are! Are you okay?" Elena asks me as soon as I walk into the living room. She and Stefan stand up from the sofa and walk towards me. "I am fine, why?" I ask. Elena doesn't answer me and hugs me tight. "I was so scared for you" she says.

"Why?" I ask. Elena lets go of me. "Long story," she says and turns back around to Stefan. "Thanks for waiting with me," she says. "Hello? Can somebody answer me?" I ask.

Stefan and Elena look at each other before they look at me. "It's nothing, don't worry about it," Elena says. I cross my arms, again. "When I walked in here you reacted like I was in danger or something."

Elena and Stefan look shocked when the words leave my mouth. "What?" I ask, kind of scared this time. "Nothing, it's just..." Elena starts, but she doesn't finish.

"Damon is a really bad driver," Stefan says. I look at him, then at Elena. "That's it?" I ask. Elena nods, "that's it."

"Well, I should go home," Stefan says. Elena nods and let's him out. I stay in the living room and wait for her to come back.

"How did it go?" She asks me when she closes the door after Stefan left. She walks back into the living room and stops right in front of me. "That's all I get?" I ask her, my arms still crossed. "What do you mean? What else am I supposed to say?" she asks and walks to the kitchen.

"Well, an explanation would be nice," I tell her. "About what?" she asks, genuinely clueless. "Well, let's see, maybe about who the hell Damon is? Why nobody, not a single person told me about him or even mentioned him? Why he was the one who picked me up?" I say.

"Bonnie and I needed Stefan for something. I didn't think he would ask Damon to pick you up, but he did," she says. "Really? That is the question you answer?" I ask annoyed.

Elena sighs, "what do you want me to say? That he is Stefan's older brother? That he is a dick? That I don't trust him? Well, that is clear now, isn't it?"

I am shocked and kind of confused by her reaction. "It would've been nice if someone told me he existed! Now, I had to get into a car with someone I didn't know and someone I didn't even know existed!" I say.

Elena sighs again, "I'm sorry, okay? I should've told you about him." I nod in agreement, "yes you should've. But you shouldn't be so worried about his drivingskills. He is not that bad. Plus, he is a nice person."

Elena's eyes turn big, "a nice person? Are you kidding me?" "Yes, why?" I ask confused. In the minutes I spent with him, he was annoying, but nice.

"Damon has done terrible things!" Elena says. I raise my eyebrow, "such as?" It looks like Elena has lost words.

"Well?" I ask her. "Just trust me on this. He is not a nice person," she says. I roll my eyes and walk away. "Promise me you won't go near him," she says.

I turn back around to her. "Why not?" I ask. "I just told you: he is not a nice person!" she says. "Yeah, I heard you. But I didn't hear an explanation," I tell her and walk upstairs.

"Just promise me you don't go near him!" She calls. I roll my eyes and walk into my room without answering.

Not even a minute after I closed my door, it opens again. "I am not gonna promise you!" I say without turning around. "Promise me what?" Jeremy asks.

I turn around and see him standing confused in the door opening. "Nothing. Hey Jer, what's up?" I smile. Jeremy looks confused, "where were you talking about?" "Nothing, just Elena who tries to tell me what to do," I tell him, "just bullshit."