Nine

Abby

"Can't we just watch a movie or something?" Macy asks. We're sitting on the couch in Emma's house. Well, Emma's mom's house. Since her mom is the sheriff, she is still at the school and told us to wait here till she knows more about the attack. Elena and Caroline are also with us. They came a little bit later than us. Elena told me they had to drop Jeremy off at a friends' house.

"What kind of movie?" Emma asks. "I don't know. But it's better than waiting," Macy says. We all agree, so Emma and Caroline go upstairs to find the all the movies. I stand up and walk into the kitchen to grab something to drink.

"Do you know if they have anything else than water in here?" Elena asks. I didn't even notice her following me. I smile while I point at the pantry. Elena smiles and opens it. "You seem quiet today. Is something wrong? Other than the animal attack at our principal," she asks.

I sigh and turn around to her. "There is, actually," I tell her. Elena walks towards me with an concern look at her face. "What's up?" she asks. "Damon came to see me, today," I tell her. Elena's eyes turn big, "he did? What did he want?"

I lift my shoulders, "just to fool around, I guess." "Well, I am sorry, Abby. I did not want this to happen. Did he say anything that upset you?" she asks. I nod and look down. "Well, he started about Vicki..."

Elena takes a step closer, "what did he say?" "It's not what he said, it's how he said it. He didn't care about her at all! He just made me sick..." I tell her. "So, what... what happened?" she asks. I look up to her, "I slapped him."

The look on her face turns around. She starts to laugh. "You slapped him? Like, in the face?" she laughs. Her laugh makes me smile as well. "I did. I was done with him and wanted him to shut up," I tell her, kind of proud of myself. "Damn, you are a real badass!" she laughs, "how did he take it?"

My smile disappears, "well, not well.' The serious look is back at Elena's face. "Why? What did he do?" "He was mad," I tell her, "Emma and Macy came by, so he couldn't do anything, but then he threatened me that he would come back for me."

Elena's eyes turn big, "he said that?" I nod and look down. "I am gonna call Stefan right now and tell him," she tells me. I look up at her, "don't bother. Damon made it clear that whatever Stefan or you will say, he will do whatever he wants." Elena gets mad, "he is such an..." "I know," I stop her. Elena looks back at me, "I am so sorry. You came back here to go on with your life and now you have to deal with him."

I smile at her, "it's not your fault." We both sigh and stay quiet for a moment. "I kind of wish Vicki was still here..." I say out of nowhere.

"Yes," Elena says, "why don't we go back to the others? I think they've found a movie by now." I nod and walk with her to the living room.

Almost an hour later, the front door opens. Emma pauses the movie. Emma and Caroline picked the movie 'Nothing Hill'. One of my favourites, but with a situation like this, I couldn't pay much attention. Just like everyone else in the room, I guess, since we all looked up as soon as we heard the front door.

The sheriff walks in. The look on her face is worried, but also a bit angry. "What's wrong?" Caroline asks her mom. "Nothing, it's just..." she seems to be looking for her words. "Are you okay?" Emma asks. "It's mister Miller... He... He died," she says. We all stay quiet. We're all in shock.

First an animal attack at a school, then the principal get's hurt and now he died? How... How could this happen? "Do you know what did it?" Macy asks. The sheriff shakes her head, "we don't. But we will find it, I promise."

"I called Jenna. She and Alaric are on their way home. When they are, I need you to go home and don't go out, okay?" The sheriff says. Elena and I nod. "We'll pick up Jeremy on our way home," Elena says.