Thirty-Eight

Abby

The minute Damon leaves my room, I start to freak out. I am going on a date with Damon! What should I wear? Where will we go? What will we do? Does this mean he likes me that much too?

I guess I will find out!

I run to my closet and look around. Dress or just a shirt with pants? My hands touch every dress in my closet. My eye falls on a purple one. I take it out of the closet to take a better look at it. It's a fabric dress. It is short, but it will look great with dark tights underneath it.

I never wore this dress before. I like it, but I never thought it would be a right moment. I guess it is right today!

I get dressed and within a few minutes, I stand in front of my mirror. The dress is even shorter than I remember. It doesn't even reach my knees. But the tights doesn't make it inappropriate.

I look at the dress again. It is also a bit tighter than I imagined. Maybe because I bought it a while ago... Still, I like my outfit!

I put a bit of make-up - just a bit of mascara, eyeliner and lip-gloss - on and put on my black high heels. They are not that high and not that special, but I think it looks really good with the rest of my outfit.

Last but not least, I grab my black, leather jacket and my phone. I see I have fifteen minutes to spare and walk downstairs.

"Wow, look at you!" I hear Jenna say. I get scared when I see her, Elena, Stefan and Alaric sitting in the living room. "Where are you going?" Elena asks. I hear in her voice that she is worried yet surprised.

"I am going out," I tell them. "With who?" Jenna asks. I get nervous and feel my cheeks start to glow. "With Macy," I tell them. I try to smile to empower my words.

"Do you want me to drive you there?" Elena asks. "No thanks, I am good," I tell her. They all look confused, but then Alaric looks out of the window and starts to laugh. "Is Damon driving you?" He laughs.

Now they all look at me with worried faces. "I thought you weren't talking to him," Elena says. I smile and nod, "I wasn't, but we made up and we're good now." They still look worried, so I laugh. "Don't worry, guys. Can't I be friends with him or something?" I ask. "Well..." Alaric says. "Just be careful around him, okay?" Elena asks. I smile, "I am."

"So, is Damon going to this party too?" Alaric asks. I shake my head, "nope, he just wanted to drive me." "Then why is he all dressed up?" Alaric asks. Again, I feel my cheeks glow and I get nervous. "Because he has some other thing he had to go to, or something," I make up.

Everyone seems to doubt me, but nobody asks anything. So, I just smile, tell them not to wait up and walk out the door. I quickly grab my phone and text Macy.

Me: If anyone asks, we're going out tonight! :D

When I look at Damon, standing besides his car, I have to keep myself from falling down.

Damon wears black pants, a black jacket and a black dress shirt. The top buttons of his shirt are unbuttoned what makes him look really sexy... His look, his beautiful hair and shining blue eyes, make me almost want to faint.

I actually have to stable myself before I walk to Damon. Seeing the wide smile on his face I know he saw my struggle, but he doesn't say anything.

"Abby," he simply says. "Damon," I only say. For a second, I look into his eyes. I see how he actually wants to lean in, but then he looks at the house and I already know what he thinks. They are probably looking or listening.

So, we just smile to each other and get into the car. Damon starts to drive and we both stay silent till we are out of reach.

"You look incredible," Damon says. I look over at him and see a wide smile on his face, what makes me blush. "You don't look so ugly yourself," I tell him. Damon laughs, "no, I got that by your almost drop at the porch." I hit him playfully, "you could've just helped me!" Damon shakes his head, "this was way more fun." I laugh with him, "how nice of you!"