Twenty-Six

Abby

I walk with Emma and Macy through the school. It's already a few weeks after everyone finally came clean with me.

It turned out Damon told me everything I needed to know. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Damon in a few weeks either. I only saw him when he compelled me to remember Katherine again. So now, I know everything.

I also remember how I felt, standing in that motel room with Stefan, Katherine and Damon. Damon was holding my arm and even though I believed he was gonna hurt me, I trusted him. Which is kind of weird.

"Earth to Abby!" Macy says. I come back into the real world instead of my head and look at Macy and Emma, who are looking at me.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I ask. I have no idea who was saying something at all. "Where were you?" Macy asks. "Thinking about Damon?" Emma jokes.

Yes, I told them about my moment with Damon. I needed to talk to someone about it and I am not planning on telling Jeremy or Elena! Of course, Macy and Emma were shocked when they found out. But they respect my choice, thankfully. Maybe because I told them it's not gonna happen again.

"No, not about Damon," I tell them. "I wouldn't blame you, he is hot," Emma says. My eyes go big, "did you really say that?" Emma laughs, "I don't like him, I never said he was ugly."

Macy laughs too, "yes, but character also has a say in if someone is hot or not." "Maybe, but he is way too hot. I don't know if I'll ever think otherwise," Emma says.

I roll my eyes, "can we stop talking about him?" "Oh, I forgot, he is yours," Emma says. I look at her and push her playfully. "Stop it!" I tell her, but she just laughs.

"Well, she said she wasn't gonna do anything with him again, maybe you can finally live the badboy-fantasy, Emma!" Macy jokes. Emma looks challenged, "maybe I will." My jaw drops, "please don't."

Emma crosses her arms, "why? He is not yours anymore, is he?" I narrow my eyes, but keep the smile on my face. "He is not boyfriend material for you," I tell her. "Oh, but he is boyfriend material for you?" Emma asks.

I roll my eyes and we walk on. For a moment nobody says anything. I realise my heart is beating like crazy and I feel a bit moody. I wonder where that comes from...

"Maybe I'll just sleep with him," Emma says. Macy and I both look at her completely shocked. "Why would you do that?" Macy asks. Emma smiles wide and lifts her shoulders. "I don't know. He must be really good, don't you think?" She asks.

Macy and I shake our head. "I don't wanna think about that!" Macy says, "Emma don't do that, okay? Don't be as stupid as your sister!"

My heart stops. Her sister? Caroline slept with Damon?

Macy and Emma see the shocked look on my face and laugh. "You didn't know about Caroline and Damon?" Emma asks. I shake my head. "Well, yes, they slept together. But Caroline said it was the biggest mistake of her life," Macy tells me.

We walk out of the school to the parking lot. "Oh my god... Speaking of the devil," Emma says. I suspect to see Caroline, but I actually see Damon standing besides his car. Macy and Emma both look at me, but I lift my shoulders.

Damon walks towards us, "hello ladies." We stop walking. "What are you doing here?" I ask him. "Picking you up," he simply says.

I notice Macy's and Emma's jaws almost touch the floor, but I keep looking at Damon. He is wearing his black leather jacked with a dark red shirt and black pants.

"Why are you picking me up?" I ask, "Elena was supposed to pick me up." Damon nods, "Elena asked me to fill in." I cross my arms, "where is Elena?" Damon laughs, "does it matter? We need to hurry. You need to get to the hospital in a few minutes."