Eighty

Damon

I fall on the floor on my hands. My entire life is flashing in front of my eyes. Every giggle I ever heard, every laugh, every single time she said my name, every time she told me she loved me, even every moan I heard from her. I hear it all. I will never hear these things ever again. Not from the girl I want to hear it from.

I close my eyes. I have a little piece of hope left that this is all a dream. While the tears roll down my face, I pray to God that this is not happening. I pray that I just sit on the couch, with Abby next to me. I would tell her how much I love her, one more time. She would tell me how much she loves me and I would kiss her. I would even fuck the crab out of her. And while she moans my name I will thank God for this miracle around me.

But when I open my eyes again, I realize it is not a dream, it is my worst nightmare.

"This feeling you feel right now, is what you deserve," Katherine says. I feel anger, not just anger, I feel more anger than I ever felt in my entire life. I look up to her. My eyes meet hers. I ball my fists and swear I can see horns on her diabolical head.

"Burn. In. Hell." I tell her. I mean every word, every sound of it. I want nothing more than to kill her in the most painful way. I want her to go straight to hell and burn over and over again. I want her to feel every inch of her skin burn and turn into dust. I want her to see her entire life flashing in front of her eyes. I even want her to see how every single person she ever cared about to die, right in front of her, while she burns. Hell, I will even burn with her, only to make sure she gets everything she deserves.

Katherine just smiles. I swear, if she would know what goes through my head right now, she wouldn't smile. She would run for her life and never ever show her face again.

"Have a happy life, Damon," she just says and disappears. I look up in confusion. Is the wall gone? I try to get through it one more time. My heartbeat quickens. I stand up and run towards Abby. I kneel beside her. Without thinking I bite my wrist open. Drops of blood appear on my arm. With my other hand I lift up her head.

I notice Stefan, Alaric and Jeremy run towards us, but I ignore them and let the drops of blood drip in Abby's mouth. "Damon..." Stefan starts. "Shut up!" I shout. Just now I realize how much I have been crying. "Damon, it is too late," Stefan says. He puts his hand on my shoulder, but I shake it off. "No, it's not!" I tell him.

I have no idea if he is right, but I have to try everything I can to save her.

"No, no, no!" Jeremy shouts, "she can't be dead! Not her!" He stares at her face and cries more than I have ever seen. Alaric walks over to him and puts his hand on his shoulder. Alaric cries too, but he still controls himself.

"Jer..." Alaric starts, but Jeremy pushes his hand away. "Not my sister!" He shouts. "She can't die! No!" He starts to walk around. "Is he having a panic attack?" Stefan asks. "I think so, I will get him outside," Alaric says. He walks over to Jeremy again, says something and walks with him out of the room.

Stefan kneels down beside me. I still hold my bleeding wrist against Abby's mouth. The drops of blood need to go into her system. That is the only way to save her!

"Damon..." Stefan starts. I shake my head. I don't want him to tell me it won't work. I don't want to think about that. I still hold onto that small piece of hope I have left for her.

"Damon, she has a few drops of your blood in her system now. Let's just get her out of here, okay?" He suggests. I sigh and nod. I let her go and look at her. Her eyes stare into the infinity. The beauty is still in them, but there is no life visible. Not yet. I will find a way to bring her back. I will not rest until I am able to hold her in my arms again.