Twenty-Nine

Abby

For a moment, Damon and I stay quiet. I stare out of the window, debating if I should say something or not. When I look at Damon, I see he is still in a mood after his talk with Stefan.

"I didn't know you could hear heartbeats," I finally say. Damon looks over at me. A small smile forms at his lips. "We can," he says, "and apparently you heard a private conversation." I laugh, "says you!" Damon laughs with me, "touché."

All of a sudden, Damon stops the car at the side of the road. I immediately get nervous. "What are you doing?" I ask him. I turn around to him as he turns around to me. His hands reach over to me and touch my cheeks.

He gently pulls me closer to him and presses his lips on mine. I already forgot what I asked and put my hands in his neck.

When we let go again, he takes a moment to look at me. "I couldn't do that in front of Stefan and I can't do that in front of Elena," he says. My smile grows. "So we're really gonna do this?" I ask.

"If I only get to do this in secret, than I am okay with it," he says, "I am happy to tell everyone, because they will get over it eventually. But if you don't want to, I'm cool with that."

My heart burns in my chest and my cheeks glow again. Since when is he so sweet? I press my lips on his again and move closer to him, which is hard in his small car. My hands go through his hair. It feels so soft between my fingers.

I feel how his hands move to my back and try to pull me as close to him as possible. When his mouth opens, I open mine too and let our tongues dance with each other.

It feels hot in his smal car. My breathing is quickening and I feel how his hands get needy. I smile at the thought.

Damon's lips move away from mine. "What is going on?" he asks. He seems confused, but he is still breathing heavy. "Nothing, I just thought of something," I tell him. Damon seems even more confused. "About what?" He asks. "About your hands on my body," I tell him. If my cheeks weren't as red as an strawberry yet, they would be now.

Damon laughs, "you want me to slow down?" I shake my head and bite my lip. Does he really want me to tell him I like the feeling and I may had the thought of him and me... doing stuff...

"Let's get you home," he suggests. I smile and nod again, but I don't let go of him before I kissed his lips one last time.

A few minutes later, we arrive at my house. It's already dark outside, but the lights from inside light up the porch. Damon parks the car and looks over at me. "Do you want me to walk you to the door?" he asks. I smile, but shake my head. "I'll find it."

Damon smiles wide. "Are you sure?" I laugh and playfully hit him at his shoulder. Damon pretends to be hurt, but then we both laugh.

"I'll see you later," I tell him, "good night." "Good night," he says. I get out of the car and walk to the front door. Damon stays in his car and waits for me to get in the house before he leaves. I wave at him one last time and close the door after I got inside.

When I walk into the kitchen, Elena, Jenna, Alaric and Jeremy are standing there. "Hey stranger!" Jenna jokes. Alaric stands beside her and has his arms around her. "Hey," I say and put my coat away. "Were you really with Damon?" Jeremy asks. Everyone shoots him a deadly look.

"What? Someone had to ask!" He defends himself. I cross my arms, "were you talking about that?" They all nod. "We just didn't understand why you would hang out with Damon," Elena says. "He's your friend too, right?" I ask her. "Yeah, but still," she says.

I lift my shoulders. "Well, he is my friend too. I just like to hang out with friends," I tell them. In respons I get eight worried eyes staring at me. "What?" I ask them worried. "You and Damon are friends?" Jeremy asks. I nod, "is that so hard to believe?"